NBA 2K19

showtime

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Because that and Rim Protector are what wins me ball games lol. It's a very easy build. A harder build is 24 year old MJ. That's what I was going for. Ended up more like PG13

What's your build?  Primary and secondary archetypes

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

What's your build?  Primary and secondary archetypes

Defending-Driving & Finishing SG. Slashing Defender. I meant lockdown perimeter defender is probably the easiest in the game to make. 

This build I'm referring to that I did was the hardest and most time consuming I've ever done.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

14 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Defending-Driving & Finishing SG. Slashing Defender. I meant lockdown perimeter defender is probably the easiest in the game to make. 

This build I'm referring to that I did was the hardest and most time consuming I've ever done.

Damn, your defensive stopper is on gold not HoF.  Feels bad man.

That build seems like it stinks.

Just now, showtime said:

Pretty good.  You have any particular goal on how high of an overall you wanna reach?

Not really. Just want to break every defensive record in terms of career totals. I was going to make my SG 6'9'' because I've found length doesn't just help with Blocks, but with steals as well. So I made mine 6'6''. Same as MJ. 

Highest overall I've ever reached was 96 with a Center. Face Up build. 95 with a PG. I've found PGs are just too easy, everyone does them. Never impressed by them. Make someone who isn't completely ball dominant and show me what you can do.

My faceup guy was a better driving and back to basket guy than any back to the basket Center I've built because his ceiling for quickness was high. He could shoot step backs as well. Rating didn't really start to climb until I worked on my rebounding and passing. Ended up with a 7' Jokic type. Best overall player I've ever made.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not really. Just want to break every defensive record in terms of career totals. I was going to make my SG 6'9'' because I've found length doesn't just help with Blocks, but with steals as well. So I made mine 6'6''. Same as MJ. 

Highest overall I've ever reached was 96 with a Center. Face Up build. 95 with a PG. I've found PGs are just too easy, everyone does them. Never impressed by them. Make someone who isn't completely ball dominant and show me what you can do.

My faceup guy was a better driving and back to basket guy than any back to the basket Center I've built because his ceiling for quickness was high. He could shoot step backs as well. Rating didn't really start to climb until I worked on my rebounding and passing. Ended up with a 7' Jokic type. Best overall player I've ever made.

Do you ever play online or do you just do MyCareer?  I mostly do MyCareer because it's the best way to get the most rep.

PG's are too easy?  Do you play Pro-AM where you have to run a team online?  It's pretty hard to do.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Do you ever play online or do you just do MyCareer?  I mostly do MyCareer because it's the best way to get the most rep.

PG's are too easy?  Do you play Pro-AM where you have to run a team online?  It's pretty hard to do.

I don't play online much. I've done 3 on 3 in full court 5 with 2 CPUs. Had the most luck with Chicago and Philly. I mostly stick to MyCareer. Lately I've just been playing online with buddies whenever they are on. 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't play online much. I've done 3 on 3 in full court 5 with 2 CPUs. Had the most luck with Chicago and Philly. I mostly stick to MyCareer. Lately I've just been playing online with buddies whenever they are on. 

Everything is easy in MyCareer, though. I typically get 70+ points at half on hall of fame difficulty and then sim out.  Playing against the computer is the easiest thing to do in any sports game because they literally cannot adjust to anything you're doing.

Just now, showtime said:

Everything is easy in MyCareer, though. I typically get 70+ points at half on hall of fame difficulty and then sim out.  Playing against the computer is the easiest thing to do in any sports game because they literally cannot adjust to anything you're doing.

Not disagreeing. I'm just saying that I thought the hardest thing to do in MyCareer is break the career records for defensive stats at any position, with a SG who's only 6'6". So that's what I'm aiming at lol.

3 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not disagreeing. I'm just saying that I thought the hardest thing to do in MyCareer is break the career records for defensive stats at any position, with a SG who's only 6'6". So that's what I'm aiming at lol.

What season are you in right now?