NBA 2K19

showtime

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Meh.

Do you think you'll make it to 95 overall?  If not, your build is probably already at it's peak, especially if you already have all your badges.  By the time most people get to 91 or 92 overall, they will most likely have all of their most important badges maxed out and the build is already done.

For me, I made my current build on November 24th, so almost exactly one month ago.  I'm already almost on my second bar at 92 overall.  If I had this build back in September, I would already be a 96 or maybe even higher.

17 hours ago, showtime said:

Do you think you'll make it to 95 overall?  If not, your build is probably already at it's peak, especially if you already have all your badges.  By the time most people get to 91 or 92 overall, they will most likely have all of their most important badges maxed out and the build is already done.

For me, I made my current build on November 24th, so almost exactly one month ago.  I'm already almost on my second bar at 92 overall.  If I had this build back in September, I would already be a 96 or maybe even higher.

I’m probably done grinding a build.  I’m not sure I’ll play much more myplayer other than online.  Grinding games against the computer is too boring for me.

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m probably done grinding a build.  I’m not sure I’ll play much more myplayer other than online.  Grinding games against the computer is too boring for me.

Your build is already maxed out.  Once you get defensive stopper on HoF and gold hustle rebounder, that's pretty much it.  There's nothing your build gets the higher overall you go.  For example, if you were a pure shot creator, that build is worth grinding a lot because you don't get to speed boost until you get your last attribute in ball handling which comes at 96 overall.

So yea, there's no point for you to ever play another MyCareer game with the build you have unless you make a brand new build.

That's partly why all Center builds are easy to play.  They all max out around 92 or so.

Look at this guy.  Someone let him use their 91 overall pure post scorer with all the badges maxed out.  In his first game he dominated a 96 overall in a 1v1.  Now this is a very fun center build and possibly something I am going to make at some point.  The build is already finished at 91 overall lol.  I could probably get to 91 overall in a week, while grinding those badges.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Yesterday was double rep in the Rec Center all day.  I played some games and they went pretty good for the most part.  Double rep in Rec actually provides quite a bit of XP per game, so I was pleasantly surprised by that.

The problem with Rec, at least for me, is you're really dependent on getting a good team.  So if you're playing with 4 randoms it can be pretty rough.  If you have at least 2-3 good players you should be alright, but one terrible player can bring a whole team down.  Plus, since I'm mostly defensive I'm highly dependent on my teammates being able to score.  

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The problem with Rec, at least for me, is you're really dependent on getting a good team.  So if you're playing with 4 randoms it can be pretty rough.  If you have at least 2-3 good players you should be alright, but one terrible player can bring a whole team down.  Plus, since I'm mostly defensive I'm highly dependent on my teammates being able to score.  

In one of the games I played yesterday, I wasn't getting the ball at first, but when they realized all I was going to do is pass with my HoF dimer, they gave me the ball every time. I played with a stretch center yesterday and dude was beasting.  That's so hard for glass cleaners and defensive centers to guard because they have to totally leave the paint, which opens up tons of lanes to attack.  I got so many assist from that guy yesterday.