NBA 2K19

showtime

Just got the game for $30 digitally from Amazon (and had cash back to cover it) so basically free. 

The only reason I get this game is to turn it into NCAA College Hoops is 2K19. Basically add six expansion teams, and have 36 college teams. It’s amazing what NBA 2K let’s you do with customization. The jerseys and stadiums people put up are absolute replicas. And Skillaz NCAA roster every year is always on point. 

My format:

- 36 College Teams 

- 41 Games

- 16 Team Playoff Single Elimination

• Like 4

On 1/28/2019 at 10:53 AM, showtime said:

I contacted one of those badge grinding services and as a baseline, he said he would offer me $400 for my account.  Not gonna lie, that's kind of tempting.  I'm not going to do it tho.

$400 for a $60 game that you will be restarting with 2k20 in 6 months...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

$400 for a $60 game that you will be restarting with 2k20 in 6 months...

That's true, but the hour's I put into the game don't really compensate with that price tag.  Also, if I do that, I wouldn't really be able to play the game anymore.  You make a fair point tho.

I just hit 94 overall yesterday and I maxed all my badges out.  Seven hall of fame badges.... grind was real, but it honestly wasn't that bad as some other builds with that many HoF badges.  I found a method where I could get get points in four badges on a single possession, so I just did that over and over again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just hit 94 overall yesterday and I maxed all my badges out.  Seven hall of fame badges.... grind was real, but it honestly wasn't that bad as some other builds with that many HoF badges.  I found a method where I could get get points in four badges on a single possession, so I just did that over and over again.

Congrats.  

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Congrats.  

Thanks man.  I'll be at 95 overall in no time.  I've been having single bars this whole time and have another single bar to 95.  Once I hit that, I can make a rebirth player and have all my badges maxed out.  IDK what to make.... pure glass, pure post, lockdown, pure slasher, etc.

50 minutes ago, showtime said:

Thanks man.  I'll be at 95 overall in no time.  I've been having single bars this whole time and have another single bar to 95.  Once I hit that, I can make a rebirth player and have all my badges maxed out.  IDK what to make.... pure glass, pure post, lockdown, pure slasher, etc.

I played a Rec game where we had my Rebound/Rim protector, a pure rim protector at the 4, a lockdown at 3, a pure slasher at 2, and a pure playmaker at PG and we beat the other team by 50  points.  We just destroyed them on defense and kept passing to the slasher who dunked on them over and over.  I honestly think pure lockdown might be one of the strongest in the game.  

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I played a Rec game where we had my Rebound/Rim protector, a pure rim protector at the 4, a lockdown at 3, a pure slasher at 2, and a pure playmaker at PG and we beat the other team by 50  points.  We just destroyed them on defense and kept passing to the slasher who dunked on them over and over.  I honestly think pure lockdown might be one of the strongest in the game.  

The strongest badge by far in the entire game is hall of fame defensive stopper.  That badge literally takes away the opposing players badges, which is absurd.  Like, if you have HoF defensive stopper and you're defending a stretch big with HoF badges, you take away all of his badges.  It's absolutely insane how strong that is.

If I did go pure lockdown, I would probably go SF so that I can impact SG's, SF's and PF's with my defensive stopper badge.

How big of a difference in game do you think it makes between HOF defensive stopper and gold defensive stopper? HOF will kill any badge, but gold will bring HOF bages to bronze and kill the rest so still pretty damn strong and you can pair that with a slashing defender SF. Think I might go with latter just because A) gives me some option in half court sets and B) probably funner to play in MyCareer... but at the same time if I want to make a defense oriented guy should I just go all in with getting that HOF stopper? I mean the sharpshooting stretch 4s I'm most likely to face will have HOF dead eye and catch and shoot, so real question is how much more shots do you make with bronze dead eye and catch and shoot vs no dead eye and catch and shoot?

10 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

How big of a difference in game do you think it makes between HOF defensive stopper and gold defensive stopper? HOF will kill any badge, but gold will bring HOF bages to bronze and kill the rest so still pretty damn strong and you can pair that with a slashing defender SF. Think I might go with latter just because A) gives me some option in half court sets and B) probably funner to play in MyCareer... but at the same time if I want to make a defense oriented guy should I just go all in with getting that HOF stopper? I mean the sharpshooting stretch 4s I'm most likely to face will have HOF dead eye and catch and shoot, so real question is how much more shots do you make with bronze dead eye and catch and shoot vs no dead eye and catch and shoot?

gold defensive stopper is really good, but obviously having it on HoF is better.  To me, having a bronze badge is matters a decent amount - whereas if you have no badges, you can 100% feel the difference.  Especially with shooters.

It's not only that, though.  With the pure defensive SF, you also get rim protector on gold instead of silver and you also get quick reflexes and bruiser on HoF instead of gold.

I would rather make a pure defensive SF.

• Like 1

I made a pure lockdown SF.  Most people make him 6'10", but I decided to go with 6'6".  The reason is, as we know HoF defensive stopper takes away the badges of players who are one position below, same position and one position higher.  So with this, I will take away all the badges of players who are SG's, SF's and PF's.  HoF Defensive stopper also takes away badges of players who are within 3 inches of you.  So basically, most of the PG's in this game are 6'3", especially those who made their builds when the game was new.  The reason 6'3" is a popular height for PG's is because that's the size you have to be so you can speed boost with a pure shot creator.  So anyone who made a pure shot, playmaking sharpshooter/playmaking shot at the point guard position, I can take away all of their badges too.

The one downside to being a 6'6" SF is that 7'0" stretch bigs at PF can shoot over me.  The thing is, they will have no badges and their attributes drop by 9 points... so their 3pt rating dips to the low 80's/high 70's and they lose all of their badges, so they can't shoot over me anyway. 

Also, being 6'6" means I have 97 lateral quickness, 90 speed and 93 vertical.  With all that said, 6'6" or 6'7" pure lock SF seems to be pretty good and I'm not sure why more people don't do it. 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, showtime said:

I made a pure lockdown SF.  Most people make him 6'10", but I decided to go with 6'6".  The reason is, as we know HoF defensive stopper takes away the badges of players who are one position below, same position and one position higher.  So with this, I will take away all the badges of players who are SG's, SF's and PF's.  HoF Defensive stopper also takes away badges of players who are within 3 inches of you.  So basically, most of the PG's in this game are 6'3", especially those who made their builds when the game was new.  The reason 6'3" is a popular height for PG's is because that's the size you have to be so you can speed boost with a pure shot creator.  So anyone who made a pure shot, playmaking sharpshooter/playmaking shot at the point guard position, I can take away all of their badges too.

The one downside to being a 6'6" SF is that 7'0" stretch bigs at PF can shoot over me.  The thing is, they will have no badges and their attributes drop by 9 points... so their 3pt rating dips to the low 80's/high 70's and they lose all of their badges, so they can't shoot over me anyway. 

Also, being 6'6" means I have 97 lateral quickness, 90 speed and 93 vertical.  With all that said, 6'6" or 6'7" pure lock SF seems to be pretty good and I'm not sure why more people don't do it. 

You need a pro am team?

• 2 weeks later...

LOL so the dialogue in my player was that it was between me and Marcus young to make it and he was explaining that the nba consists of elite players meant to be there then the players like me and him that desperately want to fill in the cracks and Marcus young gets called up in my place and is instantly 92 overall?? While I’m 63 overall? This was a contest?