Preseason Week 3 - GDT vs. Oakland

Leader

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Can't defend Murphy last night but he's far worse than your average reserve tackle. Few teams have starting caliber tackles riding pine man

We don't need a starting caliber tackle. We need a guy who is borderline competent. Murphy would have given up 10 sacks last night had we let him. Again, he's not a tackle. There are all kinds of tackles out there at least at a Spriggs level, which isn't saying much but that's all you're asking for as a No. 4 guy.  

Just now, packfanfb said:

We don't need a starting caliber tackle. We need a guy who is borderline competent. Murphy would have given up 10 sacks last night had we let him. Again, he's not a tackle. There are all kinds of tackles out there at least at a Spriggs level, which isn't saying much but that's all you're asking for as a No. 4 guy.  

Okay so if bulaga starts, Spriggs. If you think Murphy needs to be upgraded desperately as ot 4 I think you're nuts, which you are lol

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Okay so if bulaga starts, Spriggs. If you think Murphy needs to be upgraded desperately as ot 4 I think you're nuts, which you are lol

Outside of this fan forum, you're in a very small minority (maybe of 1) if you think the Packers don't need to look for outside help at OT. That's all I can say. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Outside of this fan forum, you're in a very small minority (maybe of 1) if you think the Packers don't need to look for outside help at OT. That's all I can say. 

I totally believe that. I also think most fans have zero sense of perspective though. Lol

Finding OT that can play this time of year is anything but easy. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Finding OT that can play this time of year is anything but easy. 

That's what roster cut downs are all about. In another week, around 1184 guys who were on rosters suddenly won't be, most of them being released. You're going to have a competent backup tackle or two among those cuts. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

That's what roster cut downs are all about. In another week, around 1184 guys who were on rosters suddenly won't be, most of them being released. You're going to have a competent backup tackle or two among those cuts. 

So since every team needs 4 component starting tackles, there are teams with 5 right now?

The tackle problem brings up the Cole Madison debacle. Really think his absence is hurting us there. Again, he's another guard, not a tackle, but he would have been another guy who maybe could have served as a backup tackle if given the chance. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

The tackle problem brings up the Cole Madison debacle. Really think his absence is hurting us there. Again, he's another guard, not a tackle, but he would have been another guy who maybe could have served as a backup tackle if given the chance. 

Gute with another bust. And won't sign free agents to help.

(Not gonna lie, this is fun, why didn't I do it to Ted)

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

So since every team needs 4 component starting tackles, there are teams with 5 right now?

FIFY. Yes, preferably, you want 4 tackles who won't give up 5 sacks in a game to a group of no-name rushers. At this point, I think it would be very easy to improve on Murphy at tackle, primarily because, again, he's not a tackle. Just getting a guy who's primary position is tackle is a step in the right direction. I'm sure Brian "Every Avenue" Gutekunst already has his board with guys they've been watching on other squads who are bubble prospects, whether it's a young guy or a vet who might get pushed out by a up and coming young guy. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

FIFY. Yes, preferably, you want 4 tackles who won't give up 5 sacks in a game to a group of no-name rushers. At this point, I think it would be very easy to improve on Murphy at tackle, primarily because, again, he's not a tackle. Just getting a guy who's primary position is tackle is a step in the right direction. I'm sure Brian "Every Avenue" Gutekunst already has his board with guys they've been watching on other squads who are bubble prospects, whether it's a young guy or a vet who might get pushed out by a up and coming young guy. 

Is this the first game you ever saw Murphy play? He gave up sacks starting but not "5 a game" and two guys have to get hurt for him to play

Archived