Fantasy Football loses that still hurt?

EaglesPeteC

As i am prepping for this year's draft, i am still have this terrible taste about how last season ended for me in my work league.

I was cruising. Just destroying everyone in my path on my way to certain victory and cash. I had Antiono Brown, Todd Gurley, Travis Kelce, Davante Adams, Carson Wentz, Jamal Williams, Tyreek Hill, Rex Burkhead. 

Then my playoffs hit and Wentz went down and my the 2nd round Antonio Brown went down and i lost to a team that i crushed twice in the regular sesson who went on to win the league. The distain i had for forking over that cash lol.

So what about you? What still sticks with you as yiu head into 2018 fantasy? 

Home league, 2012. First week of the playoffs. I had Bryce Brown who was coming off a few red hot weeks, he was playing the bengals on TNF and I also had Frank Gore who was playing NE on SNF.  Let me also add that I had Shady Mccoy but he was out this week because of a concussion and I also had Knowshon Moreno(who was playing like an RB1 with Peyton Manning. If everyone was healthy, I would had started McCoy and Moreno. With that said, I had Moreno in as one of my starting RBs. Until Thursday that week, I flip flopped between Gore or Brown. I have to admit as a niner fan, I should of started Gore but went with Brown, the eagles got destroyed on TNF by the bengals.  Brown scored under 14 points while Gore scored 28(against NE who were at the time very stingy against the run). I would lose by 12 but I would of won had I started Gore. I would of beaten the #1 seed the next week and I would had beaten then #2 seed in the finals. Six years later, I am still trying to win my home league. 

What I learned from this is, TNF sucks and when in doubt start your studs. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Home league, 2012. First week of the playoffs. I had Bryce Brown who was coming off a few red hot weeks, he was playing the bengals on TNF and I also had Frank Gore who was playing NE on SNF.  Let me also add that I had Shady Mccoy but he was out this week because of a concussion and I also had Knowshon Moreno(who was playing like an RB1 with Peyton Manning. If everyone was healthy, I would had started McCoy and Moreno. With that said, I had Moreno in as one of my starting RBs. Until Thursday that week, I flip flopped between Gore or Brown. I have to admit as a niner fan, I should of started Gore but went with Brown, the eagles got destroyed on TNF by the bengals.  Brown scored under 14 points while Gore scored 28(against NE who were at the time very stingy against the run). I would lose by 12 but I would of won had I started Gore. I would of beaten the #1 seed the next week and I would had beaten then #2 seed in the finals. Six years later, I am still trying to win my home league. 

What I learned from this is, TNF sucks and when in doubt start your studs. 

Both of these are good notions for everyone to keep. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

As a fan, when fball comes on early in the week its a good thing but as a fantasy player, it sucks when your players don't perform....

True but what I meant was typically Thursday games aren't as good especially for RBs since they likely have a short turnaround after a Sunday game and they take a beating normally

15 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

As i am prepping for this year's draft, i am still have this terrible taste about how last season ended for me in my work league.

I was cruising. Just destroying everyone in my path on my way to certain victory and cash. I had Antiono Brown, Todd Gurley, Travis Kelce, Davante Adams, Carson Wentz, Jamal Williams, Tyreek Hill, Rex Burkhead. 

Then my playoffs hit and Wentz went down and my the 2nd round Antonio Brown went down and i lost to a team that i crushed twice in the regular sesson who went on to win the league. The distain i had for forking over that cash lol.

So what about you? What still sticks with you as yiu head into 2018 fantasy? 

I have a story like this...

The year is 2015 and this was a pay league. 20 bucks per team, 12 teams total. I went 13-1 in the regular season. My overall points were almost 400 more than the next closest guy. I pretty much ran everyone out of the building. My team consisted of Arian Foster(he eventually got hurt), Odell, AB, Adrian, Todd Gurley, Travis Kelce, Blake Bortles, and Darren Mcfadden. Sadly Blake Bortles would be the end of me in the finals. We get -6 for each pick six thrown, he was playing Houston this week and he played terrible......The funny thing is I almost dropped him for Matt Stafford. I would lose in the finals by roughly 28 points. Matthew Stafford would of won me the game and the money pot. This is with no doubt the BEST team I have ever assembled. 

8 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I have a story like this...

The year is 2015 and this was a pay league. 20 bucks per team, 12 teams total. I went 13-1 in the regular season. My overall points were almost 400 more than the next closest guy. I pretty much ran everyone out of the building. My team consisted of Arian Foster(he eventually got hurt), Odell, AB, Adrian, Todd Gurley, Travis Kelce, Blake Bortles, and Darren Mcfadden. Sadly Blake Bortles would be the end of me in the finals. We get -6 for each pick six thrown, he was playing Houston this week and he played terrible......The funny thing is I almost dropped him for Matt Stafford. I would lose in the finals by roughly 28 points. Matthew Stafford would of won me the game and the money pot. This is with no doubt the BEST team I have ever assembled. 

That sucks.What kills me is my team last year had Doug Baldwin on my bench (somebody dropped him midseason for no reason and I scooped him up) So if AB had been hurt before the game, I would have 100% won that game and the championship. 

I started Maurice Jones Drew over Clinton Portis because Portis was playing the (then great) Bears defense.
Portis scored a TD and outscored MJD by 5.

I was still up 31 with him only having Marquis Colston to go on MNF.
Colston put up 33.

On the following two weeks I outscored everyone and won the points title, netting $100.
Had I not been smelling myself and thinking I could play matchups I'd have won the title, too, and $1,250.

One year I had Eli Manning as my QB.  He did OK.
But, I also had Brian Westbrook, Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch (via trade), Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Bolden and Antonio Gates.

I had more studs than I could play.
I hit on every pick in the first eight rounds and took Eli in the 9th.

I was so stacked that I thought nothing of cutting a struggling DeAngelo Williams to fill a bye week elsewhere.
The guy who picked him up knocked me out of the first round with Williams' 44 point display.

Another $100.
Another missed title and another missed $1,250.

Archived