Vikings sign George Iloka S

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How great are we talking here? 

I like Sendejo as a starter but was completely comfortable with starting Harris for the game when he was suspended. Harris even came up big for a fumble and recovery to stop a touchdown in that game against the Rams. A lot of Vikings fans and beat writers talk about cutting Sendejo for cap reasons and letting Harris start. 

I don't know what to make of this signing. I understand he's a pretty good player and has familiarity with Zimmer but not sure where he fits with Sendejo preforming well too. Depth is always nice so I can't complain. 

41 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats embarrassingly low for one of the better safetys in the NFL.

Three things

1. It's very late to be signing big money deals for anyone
  2. The safety market has cratered and no one is getting paid
  3. I don't think i'd call Iloka one of the better safeties in the NFL.  He's solid at best.

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How great are we talking here? 

I could see him being a serviceable starter. Good coverage skills and is around the football a lot, mediocre at taking down backs and receivers and sometimes takes really bad angles.

Take him for what he's worth...hehe

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Did he know what to do with them before?

Haha good point.

I think had Iloka signed with Minnesota in 2016 originally, he wouldn't be in the situation he's in now financially. Perhaps he would have reached his full potential in the start of his prime with Mike Zimmer as his Head Coach, and he'd still see that 5.3M in his bank account.

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think had Iloka signed with Minnesota in 2016 originally, he wouldn't be in the situation he's in now financially. Perhaps he would have reached his full potential in the start of his prime with Mike Zimmer as his Head Coach, and he'd still see that 5.3M in his bank account.

He likely would have been better off, yes.  Zimmer brings out the best in his defensive players.  Look no further than guys like Terence Newman, Adam Jones, Vontaze Burfict, etc.

Archived