Preseason Week 3: Indianapolis Colts vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Barrows did his 53 man projection a little bit ago.  

Pretty standard fare for the most part. JG / Beathard at QB. Does have the additional running back with the injuries to breida and mckinnon, and gave that spot to Morris. 

He has Burbridge > James in the wide receiver battle. O-line is standard. With the injury to Mags, Cooper / Garnett / Person are all on the roster. 

No surprises on the defensive line (unless you consider Blair making the roster a surprise). 

Linebacker is a little surprising - there is no Watson. He has Pita / Nzeocha making the roster, and then in a bit of a surprise, Elijah Lee as well. I'm sure this is due to the Foster suspension. Mabin is the corner who wins thats dangling final cornerback spot. 

Still has Harris making the roster, which still doesn't make much sense to me overall I guess. 

I said last week that Mabin probably makes the team. The DBs will be Ward/Reed/Williams/Tartt/Colbert/Witherspoon/Sherman/Mabin and then possibly James or Harris or Powell. The last three are battling for the final spot for me.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I said last week that Mabin probably makes the team. The DBs will be Ward/Reed/Williams/Tartt/Colbert/Witherspoon/Sherman/Mabin and then possibly James or Harris or Powell. The last three are battling for the final spot for me.

It's honestly just weird to have so few actual roster spot competitions going on to me. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's honestly just weird to have so few actual roster spot competitions going on to me. 

Yep. Last year we didn't how half the roster spots would go. It was a complete rebuild ala Seattle in 2010. 

Did Shanny say anything during his interview on KNBR about who starts at RG?

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Did Shanny say anything during his interview on KNBR about who starts at RG?

I didn't listen, but I really hope it's Garnett. I was super unimpressed with Cooper last week, and Garnett was okay. Right now, he looks like the better player. Person kind of is what he is. I'd use him as the top backup. Even if you don't love Garnett as a staff, maybe you get a little more value in a trade if you decide to go that route by playing him as well. 

Garnett should absolutely get the start. Lets see what he has. He is essentially a second year player that is unproven. We need to see how good he is, and if he should be the actual starter or not. Person is going to be a good pass blocker, that much is given. But also seems like it is a given he won't give much in the run game. 

My focus is going to be on the OL blocks. I'm not much worried about the D. They will show up when the games are real. Just not sure about the IOL yet. 

Might not see much at all unless I stumble upon a good source to watch. DVR'd it for NFLN later either way. 

1 hour ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Where is your guys' focus going to be for this game? Who are you gonna be watching closely?

-Pass rush, especially from the interior and see if Buckner will get some edge rushes. Want to see Thomas/Armstead get to the back field a time or two

-How Sherman looks, and if he is still hesitant or now fully trusts his Achilles/hamstring

-Run blocking. And really how Garnett plays. Can he solidify the starting gig today?

-All the rookies of course

-New look SAM position with Harold gone. Can the German set the edge? How good is he in coverage? Can Pita get some early looks against the starters?

-DJ Jones and if he gets in early today. Can he usurp Mitchell or is that NT gig already locked up?

Archived