Chris Baker Cut

HangOnSloopy

Happy we cut him because he's shown nothing, but we need to sign a DT before week 1.  I get that after Geno, Billings, and Glasgow that we'll probably play guys like MJ and Hubbard at DT in 3rd down packages, but we still need a run stuffer in case Billings gets hurt or needs a breather. 

Can I dream that we sign Hankins?  We're signing Pat Sims again aren't we?

So Billings has been a stud so far in camp and preseason?

He was the best defensive player in the Big 12 for 1-2 years, strongest player I’ve seen, so I’m a big fan.

What’s the word on his outlook? I know he’s penciled in as a starter but do you guys view him as a budding star?

10 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

So Billings has been a stud so far in camp and preseason?

He was the best defensive player in the Big 12 for 1-2 years, strongest player I’ve seen, so I’m a big fan.

What’s the word on his outlook? I know he’s penciled in as a starter but do you guys view him as a budding star?

He looked like a beast in the last preseason game against the Cowboys.  Best game he's put together so far in his NFL career.  Hoping he builds off of that in this upcoming game against the Bills.  Billings is definitely the starter now with Geno at DT.  He's flashing the potential that he showed in college, and got into the backfield regularly last game.  He also showed he had good wiggle/movement skills for man of his size in that game.  We're all just hoping he can replicate that.  He did get washed out/pancaked by James Daniels in the Bears game (I believe), so doesn't have  clean slate so far this preseason but we're hopeful...

Archived