TJ Lang

jleisher

• 3 weeks later...

Great guy, completely a bust of a signing though. Lions need a whole new medical staff because back injury's rarely go "away", and to sign a huge contract with questions/injuries like he has without really noticing, idk, I don't like it... Clearly G.B. knew what they were doing letting him go. Likely knew well about his back issues. 

He almost certainly will be let go at the end of this year if not placed on I.R. at some point soon.

I just face-palm myself when I think about what the Lions should do. I don't think they'll ever be contending with Stafford anymore so I'm actually leaning towards blowing the whole ship up, firing everyone, and offering up goddly like money to someone with a major football mind. ( Ozzie Newsomefor 10 million per) Lol, something like that.

Lions have 46 million dollars free in cap without cutting anyone, so I think they could manage/finagle a real Stafford trade and take the accelerated cap hit for one season. It's not a direction I'd like to go in but if Lions go through this season getting dusted and they can't win 5-6 games... It's time to move on from whats not been working. Idk what Stafford would be worth either. If he has a terrible season I don't think we could ask for more than what Jay Cutler got from leaving the Broncos. (Infact thats the player Stafford is reminding me of more and more season by season. O.o )

2 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I argued that we should have kept Warford over signing Lang. Somehow most disagreed with me.

I remember being for letting Warford go unfortunately. That was a big mistake. 

I ususally like to talk about stuff when I'm right but yeah, letting Warford was a big mistake really. Lions would of likely been better off just paying him long-term instead of Lang. I didn't even hate the Lang signing at the time. I like him. I just didn't know his back was basically on edge from being shot. 

Archived