What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Congrats man, I’m sure it’s well deserved.

It’s not like you spend part of the work day goofing off on the internet or anything....

“Part”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

None of it's "hard", there's just a billion things they've got memorized and once they're in experience takes over.

Mmmm they have to have the deepest understanding of complicated interplay between thousands of molecular compounds, news ones being added every year. All operating within the most complicated piece of biology we work with, one that we are still learning about. I'd say it's hard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Mmmm they have to have the deepest understanding of complicated interplay between thousands of molecular compounds, news ones being added every year. All operating within the most complicated piece of biology we work with, one that we are still learning about. I'd say it's hard.

As a guy who’s had to take BASIC pharmacology classes, can confirm.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe I'm weird because it's my job, but a lot of ADME isn't that bad once you get into it. The amazing part is they command so many different interactions, even if the theory behind them is usually simple (though some can be trickier).

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rams works in pharm, so he’s got a pretty good understanding of it.

Most of the drug interactions and stuff are all flagged by software that’s updated as new info becomes available. You pull up a patient’s page, plug in the medications they’re adding, and it kicks out a warning if there’s an issue. Not trying to delegitimize what they do, but the work itself isn’t nearly as hard as learning their way there.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Most of the drug interactions and stuff are all flagged by software that’s updated as new info becomes available. You pull up a patient’s page, plug in the medications they’re adding, and it kicks out a warning if there’s an issue. Not trying to delegitimize what they do, but the work itself isn’t nearly as hard as learning their way there.

The stakes are so high, though. I'm sure the software supplements their knowledge and experience. But messing up can have the worst of outcomes.

They have dope work schedules though and make absolute bank.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I’m aware of the software and such, I use it a couple dozen times a day for my job, I was referring to their general knowledge of meds and how they work to combat various disease process on the cellular level.

It’s impressive in my experience.

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The stakes are so high, though. I'm sure the software supplements their knowledge and experience. But messing up can have the worst of outcomes.

They have dope work schedules though and make absolute bank.

At a pharmacy? Sure.

Hospitals also employ pharmacists and they’re there around the clock, every day of the year.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At a pharmacy? Sure.

Hospitals also employ pharmacists and they’re there around the clock, every day of the year.

Yeah, at a pharmacy. It's something like alternating between three 12 hour shifts per week and four ten hour shifts with a double once a month. It works out that they have 4 straight days off a couple times per month.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m aware of the software and such, I use it a couple dozen times a day for my job, I was referring to their general knowledge of meds and how they work to combat various disease process on the cellular level.

It’s impressive in my experience.

It's definitely impressive in the volume of material that they can effortlessly recall.

The mechanisms and whatnot are usually done in vitro early on and in the clinic somewhere around Phase 1 and Phase 2  - that stuff gets hard but is usually understood really well by the time the NDA gets approved.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's definitely impressive in the volume of material that they can effortlessly recall.

This is it.  I could call our PharmD’s and ask a question about dosing a random med and they could just spit out the mg/kg/min info off the top of their head.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The mechanisms and whatnot are usually done in vitro early on and in the clinic somewhere around Phase 1 and Phase 2  - that stuff gets hard but is usually understood really well by the time the NDA gets approved.

Agreed.

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah, at a pharmacy. It's something like alternating between three 12 hour shifts per week and four ten hour shifts with a double once a month. It works out that they have 4 straight days off a couple times per month.

As someone who used to work 3/12’s overnight, I’d much rather work 5/8’s M-F.

It sounds and looks better on paper than it is in IRL.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As someone who used to work 3/12’s overnight, I’d much rather work 5/8’s M-F.

It sounds and looks better on paper than it is in IRL.

They seem to love it so far, both (it's a husband/wife) have been doing it less than a year though. I feel like I'd enjoy it too but can't speak from experience.