Cut Down Thread 2018

Deadpulse

There's no way the Pats are going into the season with that receiving corps. Gotta think they'll bring in someone or two. With that said, I'm interested in how they implement Hollister into the passing attack. He has shown some natural abilities there. 

Jackson and Crossen making the roster is also interesting. They both need work fundamentally but have shown a knack for the making plays on the ball. Crossen, mistake prone, has shown a feistyness and mentality that reminds me of Malcolm Butler.

Hoyer looked putrid all preseason. He would have been cut off the Pats didn't have to rely on a 7th rounder who should have gone undrafted putting the pressure on him.

Patterson might be one of the most dangerous guys in the league with the ball in his hands. I don't expect him to be able to take on a prominent role in the pecking order but he should blow up in some games among others.

Whose Keonta Davis? Don't know a lick about him..

I'd feel a lot better about the LB group if I had confidence in Hightower staying healthy. All in all the defensive line is much more deep this season and the DB group is the strongest unit on the entire team. 

Time to roll...

The corner depth is going to be key with the way the edge rush defense has looked in the preseason. As much as I like the new defense with Flores, the outside contain seems like a weaknesses on the front. Having good run support depth in the secondary is going to be an important aspect of the team this season.

Offensively, I'm not worried, even with just three true wide receivers for the first four games. As @Deadpulse and @Nex_Gen alluded to, the backs and tight ends are going to be key in the passing game throughout the season. Despite Patterson's YAC ability, you worry about him sustaining an injury with his physical style so adding at least one more quality receiver looks to be a priority. The second prioirty for me is helping the Patriots in finding a third string QB who can pick up the offense faster than Danny Etling is at this point and turnover the ball less often than Brian Hoyer does.

10 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Whose Keonta Davis? Don't know a lick about him..

I like him.  He was a draft able talent but his injury had him fall out.  He's a pretty stout player but pretty stiff and limited upside as a rusher. 

Potential WR acquisitions:

Leonte Carroo - Rutgers Alum

Justin Hunter (trade) - Has shown out this preseason. Patterson's running mate at Tennessee. Belichick tends to do these things for cohesion/chemistry purposes...

Kendall Wright - Savvy, experienced, under the radar, forgotten...

Dontrelle Inman - Proven depth and solid possession guy. Unspectacular.

Jeff Janis - He's white

Jeremy Kerley (trade) - I assume he made the Bills' team.  He's been an in division killer of the Patriots. Underrated.

Archived