Here is your official roster for the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers

steelcurtain29

On 2018-09-03 at 8:16 PM, Neumatic said:

I haven’t watched anything this preseason but I’m pretty interested in seeing what all this Matthew Thomas hype is about.

Im just glad that Jones is gone.

Thomas has similar speed that Shazier had, a tad slower of course, but that still is much faster than anything on our roster. He appears instinctive as well, I mean did you see the play vs the panthers?  Thomas  and Adeyini made this draft IMO, because without them, we never addressed those 2 areas of major need. These UDFA are like later round picks that could start if healthy and knew the system really well as in if they started all through camp like higher RD draft picks do that are penciled in as the starter. 

33 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Thomas has similar speed that Shazier had, a tad slower of course, but that still is much faster than anything on our roster. He appears instinctive as well, I mean did you see the play vs the panthers?  Thomas  and Adeyini made this draft IMO, because without them, we never addressed those 2 areas of major need. These UDFA are like later round picks that could start if healthy and knew the system really well as in if they started all through camp like higher RD draft picks do that are penciled in as the starter. 

If those two end up as starters, I will never question Colbert's/Tomlin's drafting again.

2 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

If those two end up as starters, I will never question Colbert's/Tomlin's drafting again.

It's a way of thinking for now, but chances are they will make picks in the future that don't pan out, every team does.  

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Let us not forget if not for some red flags Thomas may very well have been a mid round draft pick at worst.

Thats when a UDFA is worth a shot, lets see if he has ability that was obvious that outweighs the concerns. The concerns might be gone and then it was a good signing. The play vs the panthers was a great play, and he ran out of air like timmons did vs the pats though . These 2 UDFA's could end up being very important if Bostic gets hurt and Dupree gets hurt or is ineffective. The D needs those players to step up and if not, the idea of UDFA rookies being comparable would indicate 2 steals and also a 2 disappointments. 

Anyone else here hoping that he doesn't show up and that Connor proves we don't need Bell? The OL has accepted the challenge, and I am expecting Connor to but up there with league leaders in ypc and ypg , but if bell shows up it ends the Connor campaign I was looking forward to. I was one of the people here that was really ticked off when they tagged him but never thought it would get quite like this.

Malik Golden has 3 ligaments torn when former pens teammate marcus allen accidentally struck him in the knee. I doubt he will make it back and it must have been horrific for allen too.

Adeniy will be out approx  8 weeks int he IR/return, and this might affect the scheme on the front. Does a hamstring heal fully in 8 weeks?  I don't expect too much dollar D, but more 4-3 with him injured.

VMac TE is hurt again. Maybe all this talk of trading bell should also include Vmac 

Just now, 3rivers said:

Adeniy will be out approx  8 weeks int he IR/return, and this might affect the scheme on the front. Does a hamstring heal fully in 8 weeks?  I don't expect too much dollar D, but more 4-3 with him injured.

Where did you see 8 weeks? Ola tweeted that he'd see everyone week 6 IIRC. 

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Where did you see 8 weeks? Ola tweeted that he'd see everyone week 6 IIRC. 

thats the deadline for that designation. If he returns before that and is healed 100% thats good news, but the idea of a hamstring injury is something to be cautious with as we found out a few years ago. 

Archived