The Post Khalil Mack Financial-Draft Pick Landscape

WindyCity

57 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think the larger point here is how does this affect our cap? We are tying a lot of money to our DL right now. Floyd is entering his 5th year so are we going to pay him too? We can't tie up that kind of money (cap nerds correct me) into one defensive group. 

Floyd is going into his 3rd year, so the Bears have two maybe three more seasons of him to see how he develops before they pay him.

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That is a good question. Floyd will have to show some major improvement with all this talent around him. If he can only get 6 sacks with Mack and Hicks taking the brunt of the focus then he probably isn't worth a big investment. 

Agreed...Floyd is 100% right now the man who need to improve and perform in order to earn a contract...with his injury history and the fact we have added so much help around him this offseason if he doesn't come up big he could be a guy we let walk down the line...

That said I fully expect money to be created by releasing Sims,Danny T & more than likely Kyle Long next offseason...that alone is around $22 million in cap relief.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed...Floyd is 100% right now the man who need to improve and perform in order to earn a contract...with his injury history and the fact we have added so much help around him this offseason if he doesn't come up big he could be a guy we let walk down the line...

That said I fully expect money to be created by releasing Sims,Danny T & more than likely Kyle Long next offseason...that alone is around $22 million in cap relief.

I'm still optimistic Long will bounce back after having all the surgeries he needed in the off-season, but if he can't stay healthy or his play drops of, you are probably right.

I'd hope the Bears would try to restructure his deal if he's still a good player but just not worth the deal he signed since it's not guaranteed money, but again I know this next to never happens.

10 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I saw a trade thought last year and thought it was interesting.  We traded Kwikowski and a 7th to Washington I believe for their 4th and 5th rounders. Would something like that be good, or was this person high or drunk when they suggested this? 

I think he's shown enough that that would be kind of low. But it's ballpark-ish...

Archived