New Rules

Golfman

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4785094

Receivers with worse quarterbacks and worse offensive coordinators have gotten better red zone production. 

Anything wrong with the throw shown in the photo below?  Did Julio Jones get a bad luck demon poking him in his eyes? 

TU2L6N4CX5BJLEV367FPYSN43E.jpg

I'm not sure there is a worse OC than Sark. Julio had a foot graze the sideline cutting back toward Ryan right before he threw that ball so if he catches it you've got an illegal touching and it's a moot point anyway. The whole play sucked, Julio wasn't good in it either.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not sure there is a worse OC than Sark. Julio had a foot graze the sideline cutting back toward Ryan right before he threw that ball so if he catches it you've got an illegal touching and it's a moot point anyway. The whole play sucked, Julio wasn't good in it either.

Sark has been no help to that offense. Ball also looks overthrown but Julio has the jumps to make it look better than it probably is. Would love to see what he could do with Haley as his coordinator.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

Sark has been no help to that offense. Ball also looks overthrown but Julio has the jumps to make it look better than it probably is. Would love to see what he could do with Haley as his coordinator.

Lol.  What sense does this make?  Matt Ryan out there not knowing Julio Jones can jump?  That's like saying a ball got overthrown, but the receiver had the legs to catch up to it.  No, it was thrown where the QB knew the WR could get. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  What sense does this make?  Matt Ryan out there not knowing Julio Jones can jump?  That's like saying a ball got overthrown, but the receiver had the legs to catch up to it.  No, it was thrown where the QB knew the WR could get. 

And do you know how big that catch radius of Julio Jones is? Yeah, Ryan threw it where Jones could get a hand on it but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been thrown better. That was my point. Makes perfect sense to me.

And do you know how big that catch radius of Julio Jones is? Yeah, Ryan threw it where Jones could get a hand on it but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been thrown better. That was my point. Makes perfect sense to me.

The ball is directly between Julio's hands.  Lol.  There was a defender directly in front of him.  The ball literally couldn't have been thrown better.

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's easy to say it's easy to just insure he lands out of bounds.  You're talking about a fraction of a second here.  The receiver has to touch the ball first, otherwise it's pass interference.  It's not so easy to time up when to suddenly lift 200 plus athletes up or push them out of bounds. 

Nothing on an NFL football field is easy - but that would be easier than trying to contest a WR the size of Julio "up top" - at the point of reception. You dont need to shove him out of bounds. You need to shove/move him enough to insure he cant get both feet down in bounds.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The ball is directly between Julio's hands.  Lol.  There was a defender directly in front of him.  The ball literally couldn't have been thrown better.

Haha really? I bet Rodgers puts it in a better spot. That ball could have a foot of less air on it and it still goes right over the defender.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Haha really? I bet Rodgers puts it in a better spot. That ball could have a foot of less air on it and it still goes right over the defender.

Eh, I'm pretty sure most coaches and players will say that if it hits you in the hands you should catch it. 

Are we seriously arguing this?  Watch the damn play.  The defender was LITERALLY in front of Julio by the time Ryan threw the ball.  DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HIM. 

Watch the play in slow motion starting at the 15:40 mark and tell me there was a better place Ryan could have placed the ball.  You can literally see the defender's arm less than a foot from touching the ball on the play.  You are wrong.  The evidence is 100% clear, 100% visual.  This isn't an opinion, it's all been recorded with visual history that cannot be denied unless you are literally blind. 

13 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Eh, I'm pretty sure most coaches and players will say that if it hits you in the hands you should catch it. 

I agree, but that doesn't mean the ball was thrown the best it could be. Look how high Julio had to jump to get a hand on it? He is almost on the DBs shoulder pads. Let me just make it clear that I think Julio should have made the catch. But I also know a QB should be able to place the ball better.  That was my only point.

I agree, but that doesn't mean the ball was thrown the best it could be. Look how high Julio had to jump to get a hand on it? He is almost on the DBs shoulder pads. Let me just make it clear that I think Julio should have made the catch. But I also now an QB should be able to place the ball better.  That was my only point.

HOW COULD HE HAVE PLACED THE BALL BETTER WHEN THE DEFENDER WAS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF JULIO?  Sure, he could have thrown the ball a foot lower.  An interception would have been much better than an incompletion. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I agree, but that doesn't mean the ball was thrown the best it could be. Look how high Julio had to jump to get a hand on it? He is almost on the DBs shoulder pads. Let me just make it clear that I think Julio should have made the catch. But I also now an QB should be able to place the ball better.  That was my only point.

Gotcha. Julio seems to lapse judgement on some balls that he should be able to catch in his sleep.
To quote the great Trill Withers,

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

HOW COULD HE HAVE PLACED THE BALL BETTER WHEN THE DEFENDER WAS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF JULIO?  Sure, he could have thrown the ball a foot lower.  An interception would have been much better than an incompletion. 

Dude, relax. My opinion differs from yours. I see a ball that could have been placed better. Not sure why your having an aneurysm over this.

And seriously these offensive coordinator excuses.  The Falcons had three offensive coordinators who went on to become head coaches in the NFL.  Julio Jones has struggled in the red zone under each and every one of them. 

Julio Jones - 19 career red zone touchdowns with an MVP QB and three offensive coordinators who went on to become head coaches.
AJ Green - 33 career red zone touchdowns with Dalton and two FIRED offensive coordinators. 

Julio Jones struggles in the red zone more than his contemporaries and I want to know when people will accept that.  It's not saying Julio sucks, it's saying he struggles at an important part in the game. 

Archived