Brian Quick to be resigned .

RSkinGM

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/9/11/17846068/report-redskins-re-signing-wr-brian-quick

Washington lost WRs Trey Quinn and Cam Sims to high ankle sprains while both were playing special teams on Sunday. Both players were carted to the locker room and on crutches yesterday.

Jay Gruden said they were still waiting on MRIs to determine how much time they would miss, and what roster moves needed to be made. The team is also missing #4 WR Maurice Hsrris who is still in the concussion protocol.
There has been no word on whether Quinn or Sims will be placed on IR, but they could both be looking at a long recovery.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

They had to pay him as long as he was injured. Once he heeled they let him go I guess. It must be more to this story. 

Still, his salary was, what, $600K? Effectively a rounding error for a quality role player/backup.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Still, his salary was, what, $600K? Effectively a rounding error for a quality role player/backup.

I agree, that’s extremely cheap. They could’ve kept him in IR. I seem to think he could’ve at least gone on the practice squad, but maybe they’re cutting him to see if he clears waivers and they can put him in the practice squad.

Washington made official receiver 

Brian Quick‘s signing. Quick, who caught six passes for 76 yards in 11 games for Washington last year, will replace Cam Sims on the roster.

The team placed Sims on injured reserve with a high-ankle sprain.Washington cut linebacker Josh Keyes after only a week on its roster. He was inactive for Sunday’s game against the Cardinals.

The team promoted defensive back Kenny Ladler from the practice squad to make Keyes’ roster spot.

Washington also announced it signed receiver Teo Redding to the practice squad.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I agree, that’s extremely cheap. They could’ve kept him in IR. I seem to think he could’ve at least gone on the practice squad, but maybe they’re cutting him to see if he clears waivers and they can put him in the practice squad.

He already cleared waivers (cut with an injury designation) on 9/3 and was on their IR as of 9/4. They cut him outright with an injury settlement. He's gonzo.

17 minutes ago, Woz said:

He already cleared waivers (cut with an injury designation) on 9/3 and was on their IR as of 9/4. They cut him outright with an injury settlement. He's gonzo.

That really, really sucks. He may not be a good run defender but he definitely provides good interior pass rush which isn’t always easy to find.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Probably replaces Sims on special teams coverage.

I agree, they probably did this because they lost both Sims and Quinn for special teams.

They also seemed to cut Keyes to make room for Ladler which, is probably also a move for special teams. 

I don’t know if anyone else knew this, but Ladler played linebacker in the CFL even though he’s 6’1, 207. When I watched his CFL highlights he was at LB and he was as listed as a LB. It seems to me he could be a SS & dime ILB like JHC.

My question/disappointment is that they cut Spaight for Keyes and even now that they cut Keyes, they chose to promote Ladler instead of re-signing Spaight to be a reserve ILB and special teams guy.

Archived