Contract years, Cobb vs CMJ.

jleisher

55 minutes ago, Pool said:

What happened to Cobb? Matthews I get as he has gotten old and clearly lost a step. But Cobb? He's only 28! What happened?

The answer for both of them is that soft tissue injuries have real long-term consequences.

I am not 100% convinced we have seen the last of CM3 in Titletown. If you can get him back at the right contract he can still be a productive player- he is just nothing like he was so you cannot pay him on reputation. You have a solid rotation piece there for OLB or MLB is you want. If the organization is going to go young and not add in free agency, CM3 would be your transition piece / mentor. I feel the same way about Bulaga. You bring in a young RT and slide over Bulaga to RG if you can and you have a nice set up. Not likely in either case, but those were my thoughts on those two.

Cobb unfortunately is probably done in Green Bay. I really do not see a scenario where he comes back given what he might get on the market. It would be nice to get a seasoned veteran that can add production to the WR corps though.  That group is young, talented but needs the right personality with them- which is why I am dead set against the thought of Antonio Brown in that group. Get those young guys a Fitzgerald to watch and learn from next year and I think the young WRs all benefit and develop into better players then they otherwise would.

Archived