Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

8 hours ago, DR43 said:

Why do the dolphins want him?

He has some talent, it’s the rest of him that’s the problem. If I was the GM or coach I’d let him know this is his third strike, if he doesn’t get his act together he’ll be bagging groceries for his next job. He’ll never develop to a #1, but with Hill, Waddle, and Berrios he is going to face less talented CBs than any time in his career with no pressure to be anything but a good #4 and he has the talent for that. Really low risk move for Miami, if he becomes a problem one time you cut him and  only moved down from very low 6th to a high 7th for trying him out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 3rivers said:

so did we play the 49ers better than the cowboys? what a convincing game for the 49ers so far (42-10) 

The more I see them play the more I think 2 things:

1 - I feel better about that loss.  They are just simply amazing.

2 - I can't wait for Purdy to demand top QB money then turn into LAR extended Goff.  He's gonna get paid $50+mil and they are going to lose out on talent.  Here's where I think it gets interesting: even with the roll over they are going to be right on the cap next year.  Additionally Williams is going to be 36, Armstead will be 31 (he's pivotal for them), Kittle will be 31 and it breaking down, Juszczyk will be 33.  Now those are 4 big cap hit guys, but Warner will be in line to be a top paid ILB, Greenlaw needs a raise, Aiyuk will be a highly paid WR, Ward will need an extension, as will Gipson.  Their SB window is the next 2 years, their "everything needs to go right" window is about 5 years.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

The more I see them play the more I think 2 things:

1 - I feel better about that loss.  They are just simply amazing.

2 - I can't wait for Purdy to demand top QB money then turn into LAR extended Goff.  He's gonna get paid $50+mil and they are going to lose out on talent.  Here's where I think it gets interesting: even with the roll over they are going to be right on the cap next year.  Additionally Williams is going to be 36, Armstead will be 31 (he's pivotal for them), Kittle will be 31 and it breaking down, Juszczyk will be 33.  Now those are 4 big cap hit guys, but Warner will be in line to be a top paid ILB, Greenlaw needs a raise, Aiyuk will be a highly paid WR, Ward will need an extension, as will Gipson.  Their SB window is the next 2 years, their "everything needs to go right" window is about 5 years.

They are benefitting from great coaching and a QB that keeps playing elite on min wage.  Once age and the cap hits, they will have the same challenges that other teams have felt over time.  They are the best team right now hands down, but the Lions look right up there.  Health is also soemthing that always has a say, and they are healthy right now  and just trouncing their opponents.  I think dallas is hyped a bit and so much for their historic defence, that conversation was  dead after a few weeks.

Right now a rematch with Dolphins and 49ers would be great, both teams are healthy mostly and playing really good.  But as history has shown, the season is a long grind and what happens in september or october can be different in january  because of injuries, weather , coaching  etc. Look at the Bills now as opposed to a few weeks ago, just like that it can change drastically. 

I think the steelers  have had their portion of injuries but it's possible more could be on the way of course.  More of a matter of when and who and then who replaces the injured. JOnes had a solid game and JPj better get more playing time. 

Colts ran all over the Titans with RB2 and won with QB2.  Who would have thought that their OL would dominate the Titans like that?  Plus many were expecting the Colts to be bottom of the league as well, but they have been competitive and are winning some as well. 

I watched some of the Dolphins game, they were just running through the giants with various sweeps, major rushing attack that they have as well as that passing attack.  Thats how the rushing attack is supposed to look. 

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

QB that keeps playing elite on min wage. 

Hill I'll die on, Brock isn't playing elite, he just literally has the best RB1, two WR1's that are top 20, top 3 TE, best OL.  Swap Kenny and Brock and Brock would be getting the hate and Kenny would be getting the praise.

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I watched some of the Dolphins game, they were just running through the giants with various sweeps, major rushing attack that they have as well as that passing attack.  Thats how the rushing attack is supposed to look. 

Well what helps that is all the speed and the fact that with the movement 3-4 guys can legitimately have the ball at any time.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Hill I'll die on, Brock isn't playing elite, he just literally has the best RB1, two WR1's that are top 20, top 3 TE, best OL.  Swap Kenny and Brock and Brock would be getting the hate and Kenny would be getting the praise.

Well what helps that is all the speed and the fact that with the movement 3-4 guys can legitimately have the ball at any time.

the sweeps were  offering  major lanes to run through, very well done and we don't see that often anymore as well.  

Lions lost CB for the year, so now I think Sutton is CB1 since the Lions have lost 2 CB's for the year already?

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Still annoyed by having Etienne higher than Harris and not getting him.

https://x.com/NickMensio/status/1711452053954802061?s=20

care to elaborate what annoys  you about all that?  

can't win em all is how I look at the draft.  Najee might not be the game changer  we would want/expect in RD1, but niether is he a jarvis, artie, bush etc..... middle of the road type RD1 pick I would say.  As a RB, he should be glad he was taken in RD1 , thats rare in recent years