Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

when colbert and tomlin ran out to sing mitch to a 2 year deal, did anyone here think Flacco was an option? I'm watching the browns game, and this team is humming along with Flacco , yet our last 2 seasons were wasted with mitch costing us playoffs most likley

Browns on pace to get almost 70  against the jets? 34  at halftime

Edited by 3rivers

20 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And Flacco would have been bad here too and there would be complaints about “why didn’t we sign X”. 

why would he be bad here too and ow are you so sure about this?

why did we sign  X  mitch AND  extend his contract AND play him after last year's proof of bad QB play  is beyond comprehension.  The Browns took a chance with Joe and it's working. We don't take chances, instead mitch might have cost us another post season. We most likely won't win much but still, the top payed QB on the team that was to be QB1 at one time , isn't supposed to cost us the season and lose most of his game especially the way he did 2 out of 2 years. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Because the offensive scheme sucks.  Stefanski's offense is built for a drop back pocket passer like Flacco.

but is it too much to slowly change the scheme to adjust to the player running it at QB? 

Our scheme looked much better with our QB3/QB4 running it in his first game last week, but that was vs a struggling bengals team.  I am not defending the canada scheme, but noticing the effect of a competent QB seems to have EVEN with this canada scheme.

Was canada a tomlin hire, part of his coaching tree?

What about mitch, who was behind that ? You seem to know the innards of the team more than others, so I have to ask about this as I did laugh about the signing originally, especially 2 years then 3 years

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

are you not expecting much from the canada offence no mater who is the QB? 

I never thought it was THAT bad, but  only a few more games of that left anyways. What a season

Correct. I expect this offense to struggle no matter what. There’s no synergy between the run and pass offenses, concepts are poorly integrated, and it relies on guys winning one on one matchups.