Trent Williams undergoing minor knee procedure

turtle28

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We shouldn’t just dump TWill.  If he plays starts to dip at LT we can just transition him to LG.  That assumes he’s willing to take less money on his next extension though.

The thing is that hopefully we draft a guard in this draft, and several for depth over the next two drafts. At that point you should have a good LG. So, if you have a good LG drafted in the next few drafts, you keep your All-Pro LT at his natural position until he retires. 

17 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Hope he recovers from injury. But

tenor.gif

That’s right- I said it and believe it. Can’t wait for @turtle28 reaction :) probably something like this? 

(Doc I Edited the Pic out , it was inappropriate - Thai)

You’ve said it a million times and you’ve been wrong every time. Doc, you are my boy but nearly every publication out there ranks him as the top LT in football. He’s probably going to be a hall of famer when it’s all said and done. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

You’ve said it a million times and you’ve been wrong every time. Doc, you are my boy but nearly every publication out there ranks him as the top LT in football. He’s probably going to be a hall of famer when it’s all said and done. 

HOF?  Idk, he’s never won an all pro award right?  He’s going to go down as a hall of very good, probably a redskins ring of honor guy.  Very hard for an Olineman to get into hall without multiple all pros.

People acting like Trent is done are preposterous. Guy had a displaced knee cap and still played adequately last year. Yes I understand he is getting older and has a beaten up body, but he is still a premier talent at LT and I hope we can still get 3+ more years out of him.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Thanks. TWill May be in a decline some day... “BUT IT AIN’T TODAY!”

Or likely in the next few years and even when he does start to recline some in his mid 30s, he’s still going to be the best OL on this team.

The truth is no one knows when Twill’s last game will be but until that day, I’m glad they drafted Christian to develop as his back and maybe future replacement. IMHO TWill will be our starting LT until the day he retires.

I’m certainly willing to wait to see if something else happens in the next 5 years and admit I’m wrong, if it does, but I don’t believe something else will happen.

And, as I said before there are LTs in every draft that come in and start year one, just like Samuels and TWill did for us in the last 18 years. So, again, I think TWill starts at LT until the day he decides he doesn’t want to play anymore and when that happens Christian will take over - if he’s developed - or we will draft a LT in round 1 of that draft or the next draft.

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

HOF?  Idk, he’s never won an all pro award right?  He’s going to go down as a hall of very good, probably a redskins ring of honor guy.  Very hard for an Olineman to get into hall without multiple all pros.

Depends I guess. Since he’s been drafted he’s been known as one of the best LTs in the NFL - and many say he’s the best - I could definitely see him getting in someday, but maybe not on the first ballot.

Also, it’s not likely the Redskins start going to the playoffs every year, but who knows, that could happen this year or next.

Archived