Week 4 GDT: Time to Get Supercharged

N4L

On 9/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Beathard extended the ball to get the first down before going down. Warrior. 

But man losing another QB? Smh…. 

On 9/30/2018 at 7:04 PM, Forge said:

CJ, I don't love you as a quarterback...but you are straight up one of the toughest dudes. Warrior through and through. Hope you are okay. 

On 9/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

Don’t question CJs will to win

A QB who instead of sliding took a massive hit trying to make a play and left the game, but ended up returning. Not a peep out of anyone about the "stupidity" of the play, putting himself in danger. And we haven't discussed this play in depth after the game. It's a manly play. 

The difference between this and Garoppolo? The outcome. 

100% outcome based. 

BTW - not saying you guys were in the "stupid play" group. Just responding for those that were. It's why I refuse to get behind the "Jimmy's injury was his fault" group.

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

A QB who instead of sliding took a massive hit trying to make a play and left the game, but ended up returning. Not a peep out of anyone about the "stupidity" of the play, putting himself in danger. And we haven't discussed this play in depth after the game. It's a manly play. 

100% outcome based. 

BTW - not saying you guys were in the "stupid play" group. Just responding for those that were. It's why I refuse to get behind the "Jimmy's injury was his fault" group.

Did you take a peek at the thread in the NFL News section? They (other team fans) were saying the same stuff Papa and I were saying...  Just saying. Not going to start that debate again.

And remember: you brought it up again.

[/beatingdeadhorse]

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

100% outcome based. 

I never went after Jimmy G like others, but the situations were a bit different. Beathard alluded to the rush and went for a first down that he had a chance to get. Jimmy G on the other hand tried cutting back where there was less than a 1% chance he would have scored from there. Saying that, things happen, can't be too mad at the player for a injury like that.

12 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Did you take a peek at the thread in the NFL News section? They (other team fans) were saying the same stuff Papa and I were saying...  Just saying. Not going to start that debate again.

And remember: you brought it up again.

[/beatingdeadhorse]

I rarely step out of this forum. Very rare occasions. In this forum, it was a different experience. Not meant to be an attack on you,  personally, or the other folks who took the same position. Just illustrating the fact that Beathard had an awfully similar play and we don't have anyone discussing it with the same veracity. And we probably would have had Beathard gotten seriously injured and lost for the season. Because it was the outcome of the play that determined response.

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I never went after Jimmy G like others, but the situations were a bit different. Beathard alluded to the rush and went for a first down that he had a chance to get. Jimmy G on the other hand tried cutting back where there was less than a 1% chance he would have scored from there. Saying that, things happen, can't be too mad at the player for a injury like that.

I agree Garoppolo would not have scored. But he could have gotten a few extra yards closer on a drive where we desperately needed to score. In any case - both plays featured two non-running QBs who each had previously been knocked out of games by injury in their short on-field careers trying to make a play with two different results - both in the play outcome and forum response. 

As I alluded to last week- if it was a principled stance that applied equally, I think that there would be more of a point I could get behind. If anything, the response should have been louder this week given that it happened one week after the starter was lost for the season on a similar play and we would be down to a guy we just pulled off the practice squad with zero career NFL snaps. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

I agree Garoppolo would not have scored. But he could have gotten a few extra yards closer on a drive where we desperately needed to score. In any case - both plays featured two non-running QBs who each had previously been knocked out of games by injury in their short on-field careers trying to make a play with two different results - both in the play outcome and forum response. 

As I alluded to last week- if it was a principled stance that applied equally, I think that there would be more of a point I could get behind. If anything, the response should have been louder this week given that it happened one week after the starter was lost for the season on a similar play and we would be down to a guy we just pulled off the practice squad with zero career NFL snaps. 

Well, one guy is our franchise QB....and the other is Beat Hard. The responses were as expected iyam lol.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Was just gonna say. No one really cares if CJ gets hurt.

I care damn it! But yeah, the $137 million man being hurt is obviously a bigger blow to the franchise. However, if Beathard continues the type of play he showed on Sunday then the team will at least be competent. If he went down and it was Mullins time? It could have gotten really ugly out there, despite some of his preseason success.

Btw, I know Beathard was terrible in the preseason but I kept going back to how bad Kaepernick looked in the 2012 preseason to only light it up during the regular season/postseason. Not expecting Beathard to do all that, but just look like a NFL QB please. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I care damn it! But yeah, the $137 million man being hurt is obviously a bigger blow to the franchise. However, if Beathard continues the type of play he showed on Sunday then the team will at least be competent. If he went down and it was Mullins time? It could have gotten really ugly out there, despite some of his preseason success.

Btw, I know Beathard was terrible in the preseason but I kept going back to how bad Kaepernick looked in the 2012 preseason to only light it up during the regular season/postseason. Not expecting Beathard to do all that, but just look like a NFL QB please. 

CJ has zero excuses to play like poo against Arizona at home this weekend. As far as his decision making is concerned. I know the OL is banged up.

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

CJ has zero excuses to play like poo against Arizona at home this weekend. 

You know, the Cardinals defense is actually really really solid. It is the offense that has been pathetic leading to their 0-4 record. 

5 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Did you take a peek at the thread in the NFL News section? They (other team fans) were saying the same stuff Papa and I were saying

Doesn't mean they were right. 

My personal opinion is that getting twisted down awkwardly on second down actually caused damage to the knee but it didn't completely tear until the next play and that the adrenaline prevented him from realizing anything was wrong. 

Archived