Week 4 GDT: Time to Get Supercharged

N4L

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Still plenty of time left.

Maybe, but if we played like we did today I think we win both games against the Cardinals and the Raiders which would put us at 4 wins which is out of the Bosa range. We have a shot at beating the Giants too so it might even be 5 wins.

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Probably, but isn't it too early to have Bosa inked into the top 5? (serious question; I dunno)

No way, agree with Geek. Even if he doesn't play again this year, I think he's a lock for the top 5. I don't know that he would be a lock as the first non-qb, but I  definitely think a lock for the top 5. 

Beathard looked like he progressed a ton. Climbed the pocket, went through a few reads, put zip on it when he needed to. I don’t think he looks quite like a starter at this point, but certainly looked like a competent back up and better than last year and preseason. 

Its only one game, but looked much better. 

3 minutes ago, Ataal said:

37 pass attempts vs 13 carries between Morris and Breida.  Almost a 3-to-1 ratio.  If they were trying to be easy on Breida, I get it.  And, Morris isn't your take it to the end zone back, but geez, man.  

We actually did this last year. We had one of the highest percentage of passing plays when we ran with Hoyer and CJ. It came down quite a bit when we had Jimmy. Pretty interesting decision. Part of that is the fact that we were 1-10 and in catch up mode, but even still, quite a few of those games were very close, so we weren't full on in garbage time. I think that the playcalling was a lot more balanced with Jimmy in general. Then you look at this year, and we are one of the least pass heavy teams in the league for the first three games (only 55%), and then suddenly 74% with CJ in there. 

Forget Bosa, Polite is the guy we need!!!!!

As for the pass to run ratio, definitely needs to be better next game but I thought our offense was fine today. Shanny drew up some nice plays to get guys open. There are certain limitations with Beathard that you have to account for. Our OL was a mess at times without Staley which was expected. 

I think we still end up winning like 5 games which takes us out of the top 3. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

We actually did this last year. We had one of the highest percentage of passing plays when we ran with Hoyer and CJ. It came down quite a bit when we had Jimmy. Pretty interesting decision. Part of that is the fact that we were 1-10 and in catch up mode, but even still, quite a few of those games were very close, so we weren't full on in garbage time. I think that the playcalling was a lot more balanced with Jimmy in general. Then you look at this year, and we are one of the least pass heavy teams in the league for the first three games (only 55%), and then suddenly 74% with CJ in there. 

Part of that is how defenses defend us. Chargers stacked the box quite a bit daring Beathard to throw. With Jimmy G obviously that doesn't happen so you see more of a balanced ratio. 

I think Beathard looked pretty good today. Neither of those INTs were on him and I don’t think the second one happens if Joe Staley is in the game. Gilliam not only didn’t block James, but he also whiffed on the guy going inside. We could really use a good swing tackle.

2 minutes ago, Gridirongreat#9 said:

After week 9, we could very well go 0-7. 

Seahawks are not good… like at all. TB isn't that good either. Denver is meh as well. May win a few games to beat honest. 

And Rams may not have anything to play for in week 17.

Archived