Week 4: Lions @ Cowboys

Lionized

Yikes, 1-3 with Green Bay up next.

I’m really not sure what to think of that game. It seems so typical a loss for the team. 

Ansah didn’t play again. I’m so glad Quinn didn’t give him a big money long term deal. 

I hope Lang is okay. Concussions are terrifying and he got popped.

Johnson continues to look good. 

Luke Wilson can block. 

Detroits front 7 got owned by the Cowboys. Elliott rocked em. 

10 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I’m really not sure what to think of that game. It seems so typical a loss for the team. 

Ansah didn’t play again. I’m so glad Quinn didn’t give him a big money long term deal. 

Luke Wilson can block. 

Johnson and Golliday are the bright spots IMO.  Both look like they have great futures in the league.  I am still shocked we don't give it to Johnson more.  He breaks off a 32 yard run to start the game and sees like 8 more touches the rest of the game.  Its like as soon as we have a run that goes for 1 or no yards, JBC gets scared to run again and gives up on it.  Stafford is what, 8-0 when he has a RB that rushes for 100 yards?  Why do we not try to run more, especially with our D that is terribad and needs less time on the field? 

Overall though, the D did get a strip sack when it was needed, unfortunately it bounced right back to Dak.  We had chances, but in typical Lions fashion we get what seems to be unfair treatment by the refs, we get bounces that don't go our way, and we just get let down.

10 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Luke Wilson can block. 

Detroit is gonna beat Green Bay. Just to tease us a little bit more. I hate the Cowboys. They are so overrated in every facet.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Johnson and Golliday are the bright spots IMO.  Both look like they have great futures in the league.  I am still shocked we don't give it to Johnson more.  He breaks off a 32 yard run to start the game and sees like 8 more touches the rest of the game.  Its like as soon as we have a run that goes for 1 or no yards, JBC gets scared to run again and gives up on it.  Stafford is what, 8-0 when he has a RB that rushes for 100 yards?  Why do we not try to run more, especially with our D that is terribad and needs less time on the field? 

Overall though, the D did get a strip sack when it was needed, unfortunately it bounced right back to Dak.  We had chances, but in typical Lions fashion we get what seems to be unfair treatment by the refs, we get bounces that don't go our way, and we just get let down.

I agree about Johnson and Golliday. They both look good.

This team desperately needs defensive linemen. 

Do you guys actually think the Lions will draft or sign linemen/pass rushers? Haha...

Seriously though, not a terrible game by the offense but man, Lions need D-linemen, and pass rushers. They got a bit of a rush at times but a consistent threat on the outside makes things so much better/easier for the other players. 

Tough road ahead for sure, Mock draft scouting central time again for sure for the Lions. At least they're becoming interesting slightly, What I saw the Jets game had me almost in a heart attack. 

16 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Do you guys actually think the Lions will draft or sign linemen/pass rushers? Haha...

Seriously though, not a terrible game by the offense but man, Lions need D-linemen, and pass rushers. They got a bit of a rush at times but a consistent threat on the outside makes things so much better/easier for the other players. 

Tough road ahead for sure, Mock draft scouting central time again for sure for the Lions. At least they're becoming interesting slightly, What I saw the Jets game had me almost in a heart attack. 

I agree, after the Jets game I locked us in for a top 3 pick, which is still possible but I feel we aren't top 3 bad.  We have a lot in place and even if we lose Tate, I feel like we have a solid start on offense.  I am pretty sure that any and everyone can see we need D lineman.  Both to stop the run and get pressure.  I do think it will happen given the elite talent coming out this year.  If we don't Quin should be fired on the spot. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree, after the Jets game I locked us in for a top 3 pick, which is still possible but I feel we aren't top 3 bad.  We have a lot in place and even if we lose Tate, I feel like we have a solid start on offense.  I am pretty sure that any and everyone can see we need D lineman.  Both to stop the run and get pressure.  I do think it will happen given the elite talent coming out this year.  If we don't Quin should be fired on the spot. 

At this point I think you guys are a top 10 pick. I can't see you not winning 5 or 6 games. Ton of winnable games left.

Good luck this week, I've always liked the Lions the most out of the other NFC North teams! Hopefully TJ is okay :( 

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

At this point I think you guys are a top 10 pick. I can't see you not winning 5 or 6 games. Ton of winnable games left.

Good luck this week, I've always liked the Lions the most out of the other NFC North teams! Hopefully TJ is okay :( 

Whats with the double negative man? and your sentence makes no sense lol

I see a 4-12 team left with us beating the seahawks and bills and one division home game

9 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Whats with the double negative man? and your sentence makes no sense lol

I see a 4-12 team left with us beating the seahawks and bills and one division home game

Our offense can be good enough to win some games we probably shouldn't.  I wouldn't be shocked seeing us finish anywhere from 3-13 to 9-7.  I am leaning closer to the 4-12 you are predicting but if we ever realize that running the ball with your best RB makes sense, we may be able to hide our D long enough for them to get us a win here and there.  I am guessing we end at 6-10 but like I said, nothing would surprise me.

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Our offense can be good enough to win some games we probably shouldn't.  I wouldn't be shocked seeing us finish anywhere from 3-13 to 9-7.  I am leaning closer to the 4-12 you are predicting but if we ever realize that running the ball with your best RB makes sense, we may be able to hide our D long enough for them to get us a win here and there.  I am guessing we end at 6-10 but like I said, nothing would surprise me.

id take 4-12 over 6-10 this year. I know that probably puts around pick 4 and out of the way of Oliver but I haven't wanted a good on the Lions so bad since Patrick Peterson (thanks AZ for turning down the trade u bums). That guy is going to be a difference maker

Archived