Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

On 12/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, REDandPEWTER said:

Sometimes these first time head coaches are more innovative and adaptive to what’s working today. 

Some of these retreads don’t adapt and believe old school mentality will still prevail and today’s new Fad won’t last. 

Reid and Belichick are prime examples of excellent retreads who continue to adapt. Mike McCarthy runs the same offense since Brett farve  was his qb 

Lovie Smith, John Fox, Jim Caldwell, Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden, ken wisenhunt, Rex Ryan are all successful coaches who failed as retreads bc they lacked being able to adapt to changing leagues. 

Makes sense. 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:40 PM, ravishingone said:

I don t think Monken was extended past this season.  He s free to leave if he wants.  Of course, the Glazers could make it worth his while to stay.

If we don’t get a DeFilippo (not that I want him) I hope they do make it worth his while.

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I know this sounds not all that smart, but since the Glazers were publically flirting with Gruden last year, is it crazy to assume they would be looking for candidates whose offense is more based on West Coast as opposed to Air Coryell.  Just throwin it out there

I think the Glazers were more enamoured with the big name rather than the offense he runs. That would give more of an arguement for a Harbaugh or McCarthy rather than Campbell or Richard. And if that’s what the Glazers thinking is like let’s pray we don’t hire one of those guys.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think the Glazers were more enamoured with the big name rather than the offense he runs. That would give more of an arguement for a Harbaugh or McCarthy rather than Campbell or Richard. And if that’s what the Glazers thinking is like let’s pray we don’t hire one of those guys.

agree to a point, but even they can see the Bucs current offense is way more slanted vertically then the rest of the NFL.  It s not even close.  Do I believe the Glazers would prefer a retread? Yeah probably, but doesn t mean they ll get one especially if most guys don t get fired.

Archived