Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Did you read the quote from Leach about demanding four verts over and over and over? We do **** like that with Koetter and it doesn't work. 😂

True, but in the Leach offense there is actually a RB out in the flat.  PR has some decent connections in the organization, I find it interesting they keep bringing up Martindale.  If Harbaugh is traded, pretty confident he gets traded out of the AFC.

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

True, but in the Leach offense there is actually a RB out in the flat.  PR has some decent connections in the organization, I find it interesting they keep bringing up Martindale.  If Harbaugh is traded, pretty confident he gets traded out of the AFC.

I remember watching Harrell and those Texas Tech teams. Crabtree was unstoppable. Evans could easily fill that role. Hump in the slot on either side of a spread offense would be hard to stop too. Howard in the other slot would be great for mismatches. Godwin on the other side would work just fine too.

We wouldn't carry a dozen TEs anymore. 😂 And the spread he runs would probably help Rojo. But we don't have a RB who can be a threat in the passing game.

I just question an offense built around going vertical. We do that now and we all complain about it every week because it's wildly inconsistent and makes throws more difficult than they need to be.

That said, we've built the offense around it. So there wouldn't be much of a transition.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

SR top 3 HC candidates- John Harbaugh, Wink Martindale, and Mike Leach.  Thoughts 🤔

Rather have Caldwell before Leach. Martindale is a good candidate I like what he has done with that ravens defense. They dont have an elite edge rusher but still able to get pressure. Plus he knows how to disguise coverages well. Sign me up. Harbaugh is a no. I aint doing a trade for him.

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I remember watching Harrell and those Texas Tech teams. Crabtree was unstoppable. Evans could easily fill that role. Hump in the slot on either side of a spread offense would be hard to stop too. Howard in the other slot would be great for mismatches. Godwin on the other side would work just fine too.

We wouldn't carry a dozen TEs anymore. 😂 And the spread he runs would probably help Rojo. But we don't have a RB who can be a threat in the passing game.

I just question an offense built around going vertical. We do that now and we all complain about it every week because it's wildly inconsistent and makes throws more difficult than they need to be.

That said, we've built the offense around it. So there wouldn't be much of a transition.

I agree, Leach to the Bucs is a real long shot.  I doubt the Glazers have the courage to be that bold.  I m assuming the gist is if the NFL is going Air Raid, go get the ultimate mad scientist.

It sure seems PR is convinced the Glazers really want Harbaugh and may settle for a Harbaugh lieutenent.  I just want to fast forward to Monday and get this process started.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

SR top 3 HC candidates- John Harbaugh, Wink Martindale, and Mike Leach.  Thoughts 🤔

I read the part on Leach and watched those videos Scott posted. Idk if he’d be too “Schiano” in the NFL but damn would he wake up our locker room. His presses would be hilarious. Interesting option. I just don’t know if it would work in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I read the part on Leach and watched those videos Scott posted. Idk if he’d be too “Schiano” in jr NFL but damn would he wake up our locker room. His presses would be hilarious. Interesting option. I just don’t know if it would work in the NFL.

Definitely not Mike Leach. 

In the end, I believe the Glazers would trade for Harbaugh and give him 5 yrs and at least 11 million per yr.  Ball is in the Ravens court right now, Harbaugh will be no less coveted next season when he is a free agent.

In Martindale s case, yeah it is pretty specisl to have a number 1 overall defense.  No slight to the Ravens, I think they have very good talent, but not necessarily great talent.  What hurts Martindale is he only has been a DC in Baltimore 1 yr and his tenure in Denver wasn t great. There have been assistants with less then a resume then him, who have become successful.HCs.  

I do think the Glazers are going to.put an emphasis on physicality on both sides of the ball.  So if a candidate wants to.play a lot of quarters and cover 2 and drop 7 extensively, don t bother applying.

20 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Oh my, his potential DC is already here.  Licht interviewed his former OC Goodwin last time around even if Kinchens isn t an option 

Arians would be an interesting retread option. He never won a Super Bowl with Arizona so we’d have that going for us as far as history goes when hiring retreads. I’ve got my reservations but the biggest is his age. Not simply because of the number cuz I’d be fine with Fangio, it’s mostly due to Arians past health issues and I think his age is a contributing factor. Best case he’s here 5 years then retires again. I don’t know how I feel about that.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Arians would be an interesting retread option. He never won a Super Bowl with Arizona so we’d have that going for us as far as history goes when hiring retreads. I’ve got my reservations but the biggest is his age. Not simply because of the number cuz I’d be fine with Fangio, it’s mostly due to Arians past health issues and I think his age is a contributing factor. Best case he’s here 5 years then retires again. I don’t know how I feel about that.

I m not worried about his age because I m sure there would be a succession plan in place   He s a coach, it is amazing how hard it is for these guys to stay away.  Even if he only last 3 years, but can right the ship, it is the correct move.  

At least we ll know the team will be as aggressive on the defensive side of the ball as the offense.  If Buckner gets promoted, the defense may actually have a shorter learning curve then the offense.  Really curious what happens to Kinchens.  Licht must be begging for Arians to come to Tampa.

29 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m not worried about his age because I m sure there would be a succession plan in place   He s a coach, it is amazing how hard it is for these guys to stay away.  Even if he only last 3 years, but can right the ship, it is the correct move.  

At least we ll know the team will be as aggressive on the defensive side of the ball as the offense.  If Buckner gets promoted, the defense may actually have a shorter learning curve then the offense.  Really curious what happens to Kinchens.  Licht must be begging for Arians to come to Tampa.

If the Glazers and Licht go this direction, they’d still have to talk with AZ since Arians resigned while under contract. I don’t want to give compensation to another team for a coach. Would be nice if AZ just gave their blessing to Arians without trying to extorte another franchise.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If the Glazers and Licht go this direction, they’d still have to talk with AZ since Arians resigned while under contract. I don’t want to give compensation to another team for a coach. Would be nice if AZ just gave their blessing to Arians without trying to extorte another franchise.

I see your point, but I wouldn t have a problem giving up.a 3rd or later for a 2 time HC of the year, who has a proven track record of developing QBs.  His DC is already on the team, which I think is a huge advantage in devrloping the team.  

Arizona won t sit on him because it makes no sense, not to at least get something for him.  

Archived