Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we had a QB that didn't suck at the deep ball and a line that could pass block, I'd be all for Leach. 

But we don't have either of those things. And if we did, we wouldn't need to replace the playcallers we have now.

We ll see.  With this organization a HC search is usually anything, but boring 

Let s be honest, this current staff doesn t know what a shallow cross or bunch formation is.  There are some similiarities, but this offense is unprecedented in vertical routes.  

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

If we had a QB that didn't suck at the deep ball and a line that could pass block, I'd be all for Leach. 

But we don't have either of those things. And if we did, we wouldn't need to replace the playcallers we have now.

I honestly don't know what the pewter dudes infatuation with Mike Leach is...  Its kind of weird because no one else is talking about him.   I mean I dont think his offense is sustainable in the NFL have you ever seen how the O-Line blocks during pass protection?  That would never work in the NFL.

Here is an interesting article from the man himself...

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

I honestly don't know what the pewter dudes infatuation with Mike Leach is...  Its kind of weird because no one else is talking about him.   I mean I dont think his offense is sustainable in the NFL have you ever seen how the O-Line blocks during pass protection?  That would never work in the NFL.

We set the league on fire with that offense the first couple weeks of the season. But once teams got some film and every deep ball stopped being perfect, the offense kinda fell apart.

I think it could work with the right QB. We just don't have that kind of QB.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

We set the league on fire with that offense the first couple weeks of the season. But once teams got some film and every deep ball stopped being perfect, the offense kinda fell apart.

I think it could work with the right QB. We just don't have that kind of QB.

Yea I just think Leach's Air Raid Concepts are a bit different at the college level but im sure he would tailor it for the NFL if he got a job.

53 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

They almost step forward off the snap to keep their balance. 😂😂😂

Harold Mudd who oline coach of the Colts during the Manning era, taught that technique of moving forward. 

I would be surprised if a college HC was hired this offseason.  I could see Dabo making the leap, but I think Bama wants him when Nick retires. 

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Would you be satisfied with Mike McCarthy, if it means Licht is also gone and replaced by a young GM like Eliot Wolf?

Hell no. If that is our last resort yeah sure I’ll take them over licht/koetter. Arians, Richard, Fangio, and Caldwell before MM.

I think Winston is capable of the deep ball. He has connected with Evans several times this year. Just could never time it up with the speedy D Jack. Its mind blowing.

The qb from Duke looks like a player if we decide to move on from Jameis. We’ll see what the new regime will do.

36 minutes ago, indifference said:

I think Winston is capable of the deep ball. He has connected with Evans several times this year. Just could never time it up with the speedy D Jack. Its mind blowing.

The qb from Duke looks like a player if we decide to move on from Jameis. We’ll see what the new regime will do.

Jones' deep ball is a thing of beauty. It fires off his hand and drops perfectly to his receiver almost every time. Every one looks like an overthrow until it gets there. I don't know how he does it.

2 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Here is an interesting article from the man himself...

This is a good article. The Air Raid works in the NFL. We proved that it can. Like the article says, the Eagles proved it last year. 

The problem with our iteration is there were no mesh routes. Everything is deep. We don't run crossers to try and pick DBs over the middle. We run a single deep crosser every once in a while and our pick plays are down the sideline. 😂

There doesn't seem to be much variety in the passes we complete. Part of that is the receivers we've drafted. But a big part of that seems to be failure to adjust throughout the game and the refusal to utilize screens and slants. 

A six yard completion on first down on the second or third set of downs on a drive is better than a run for one or an incompletion trying to take a shot. A slant or a crossing route puts more pressure on LBs and safeties in the redzone than a seam route. And we're stacked with guys that can beat LBs and safeties in the redzone.

This kinda turned into a rant. 😂

Archived