Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like he's gonna be a hot commodity.

Two time coach of the year and who he has developed at QB will get attention.  These guys just can t leave, Parcells was the same way.  If by the smallest chance this happens all the GM position in this organization is to gather talent for the HC.  Otherwise, you can t justify keeping Licht for 3 HCs.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

What can you guys tell me about Monken?

He likes explosives. But he's a little more diverse than Koetter in how he gets them. But only slightly. There don't seem to be many checkdowns in any of our plays. Most of it is either deep or throw it away. Or scramble drill.

He runs a mix of Air Raid and Air Coryell concepts. Lots of deep routes; goes, posts, deep ins, deep comebacks. He likes to use his TEs. We don't throw to our RBs much. He also likes a good QB sneak.

Adams and Graham would thrive in this offense with Godgers. Do y'all have a speedster that can take the top off a defense?

I think our biggest gripe about his playcalling is in the redzone. He doesn't deviate much from the deep ball and relies on seem routes. He doesn't really utilize horizontal routes or bunch formations. Which makes a lot of the redzone offense more difficult than it needs to be. But I don't think Godgers would struggle with it too much.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He likes explosives. But he's a little more diverse than Koetter in how he gets them. But only slightly. There don't seem to be many checkdowns in any of our plays. Most of it is either deep or throw it away. Or scramble drill.

He runs a mix of Air Raid and Air Coryell concepts. Lots of deep routes; goes, posts, deep ins, deep comebacks. He likes to use his TEs. We don't throw to our RBs much. He also likes a good QB sneak.

Adams and Graham would thrive in this offense with Godgers. Do y'all have a speedster that can take the top off a defense?

I think our biggest gripe about his playcalling is in the redzone. He doesn't deviate much from the deep ball and relies on seem routes. He doesn't really utilize horizontal routes or bunch formations. Which makes a lot of the redzone offense more difficult than it needs to be. But I don't think Godgers would struggle with it too much.

That's kinda what I figured.  I know he comes from the the whole Air Raid offense when he was back at Oklahoma State, so I figured he had a LOT of spread concepts as part of his offense.  Green Bay's offense tends to be a bit feast or famine at this point in time, and we're not quite sure if the blame likes at Rodgers' feet or McCarthy's.  Honestly, it's probably somewhere between the two.  But given the fact that the Packers just handed a mega-extension out to Rodgers, there's no chance the Packers move on from Rodgers.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling is probably the "speedster" of the group, and he's been a big play WR this year.  Davante Adams can be that guy, but he's more of a short yardage receiver who turns big plays because of YAC.

37 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I don’t want Arians at all. What happens when he starts coaching and wants to hang it up or has to? He’s not a long term option and that’s what the bucs need. 

Agreed.

He's a great guy and has a great story and all that, but not the type we should be looking for. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's kinda what I figured.  I know he comes from the the whole Air Raid offense when he was back at Oklahoma State, so I figured he had a LOT of spread concepts as part of his offense.  Green Bay's offense tends to be a bit feast or famine at this point in time, and we're not quite sure if the blame likes at Rodgers' feet or McCarthy's.  Honestly, it's probably somewhere between the two.  But given the fact that the Packers just handed a mega-extension out to Rodgers, there's no chance the Packers move on from Rodgers.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling is probably the "speedster" of the group, and he's been a big play WR this year.  Davante Adams can be that guy, but he's more of a short yardage receiver who turns big plays because of YAC.

The speedster is just to draw the safeties back. But if he gets open that's a plus. Adams on a deep crosser or something like that 15-25 yards down the field under MVS would be easy money. Graham running the drag that fades up the field into a deep corner route would be money too. And that's the stuff Monken runs.

Y'all wouldn't have to worry about running slants until you wanna change the channel. That's not what we do. 😂

Just be weary of the max protection where a WR on one side runs a go and the WR on the other side runs a deep post. I hate it. Those are the only two options. 

But like I said, I think Rodgers would thrive in it. Fitz looked like an all star before he stopped caring. Rodgers has the arm and accuracy to break Peyton's yardage record in an offense like this with the right weapons.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

The speedster is just to draw the safeties back. But if he gets open that's a plus. Adams on a deep crosser or something like that 15-25 yards down the field under MVS would be easy money. Graham running the drag that fades up the field into a deep corner route would be money too. And that's the stuff Monken runs.

Seems to be a bit more feast or famine than I think Packers' fans want.  The general complaint is that when we're in that 3rd and short, we tend to draw up big plays.  And then we tend when we're in 3rd and long, we go really conservative.  The lack of combo routes seems to be draining fans.  To be honest, I think DeFilippo seems to the be the most logical choice.  He's got ties to Mike Pettine back from their days with Cleveland, and it stands to reason that the Packers want to keep him around.  Have to figure that Green Bay would be arguably the most attractive spot.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Seems to be a bit more feast or famine than I think Packers' fans want.  The general complaint is that when we're in that 3rd and short, we tend to draw up big plays.  And then we tend when we're in 3rd and long, we go really conservative.  The lack of combo routes seems to be draining fans.  To be honest, I think DeFilippo seems to the be the most logical choice.  He's got ties to Mike Pettine back from their days with Cleveland, and it stands to reason that the Packers want to keep him around.  Have to figure that Green Bay would be arguably the most attractive spot.

I'd definitely opt for a more creative playcaller. But Monken's engineering the number one offense in the NFL with QBs who've thrown 23 INTs in 10 games. I wanna see this offense with a QB like Rodgers. 😂

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd definitely opt for a more creative playcaller. But Monken's engineering the number one offense in the NFL with QBs who've thrown 23 INTs in 10 games. I wanna see this offense with a QB like Rodgers. 😂

That's part of what has me intrigued.  Tampa Bay is 12th in PPG, 4th in 3rd down conversions, and 1st in yards per game despite having Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston has his starting QBs.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's part of what has me intrigued.  Tampa Bay is 12th in PPG, 4th in 3rd down conversions, and 1st in yards per game despite having Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston has his starting QBs.

Turnovers are the only reason we haven't scored more points and won more games. Our offense regularly moves the ball at will. We're fifth in yards per drive and three and outs. Over 75% of our drives get at least one first down. We're dead last with turnovers on almost 25% of our drives. 😂

Our defense is historically bad. But that's another story.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Turnovers are the only reason we haven't scored more points and won more games. Our offense regularly moves the ball at will. We're fifth in yards per drive and three and outs. Over 75% of our drives get at least one first down. We're dead last with turnovers on almost 25% of our drives. 😂

Our defense is historically bad. But that's another story.

Well you may want to add kickers, but luckily Cairo.Santos is here to save the day.

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We would've scored 23 more TDs if not for those pesky INTs. And that would make up for all the missed kicks. 😀

What s interesting even just a below average defense the turn over is probably around -12.  All the yardage is because the offense never has a short field.  Good times. what a strange world we live in as Bucs fans

13 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

What s interesting even just a below average defense the turn over is probably around -12.  All the yardage is because the offense never has a short field.  Good times. what a strange world we live in as Bucs fans

The season of no reason.

Archived