Week 5 GDT: Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We desperately need an edge rusher and obviously another corner won't hurt. But if we could get Thomas, that would be HUGE. Sherman has proven he still has it and could still play at a high level for another year or two. But this defense can't operate at top level until we have a legitimate FS. That TD pass to Kirk never happens and is likely picked off if Thomas is back there instead of Colbert. 

Offensively we will be just fine. Our OL is solid and just need to get another WR after Garcon is let go. Those you can get in free agency or even in the draft. 

That's what I think. I think you have to add Thomas on the back end (though I don't think that will happen), probably a corner (market is a bit weak - maybe Roby), and I wouldn't mind adding a pass rusher + drafting one first. I think we need some good talent infusion. 

Wow the Raiders suck. Our game with them is going to be such as **** show. Probably will be the most important game outside of this one and our other Cardinals matchup for determining if Bosa comes to the Bay. If we lose today and against them then we'll have a really good shot at him.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

I wonder if we change D coordinators this offseason too? I like the scheme but sometimes it feels like our players aren't being put in the best position to succeed and we're not properly prepared to play some of these offenses.

Saleh has been unimpressive in my opinion, and I think it has to be an option that is on the table. There is a lack of adjustments that I really dislike. But it's also hard to hold him accountable for the bad missed tackles, or blown coverages by the secondary like Colbert did on that touchdown. 

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

Wow the Raiders suck. Our game with them is going to be such as **** show. Probably will be the most important game outside of this one and our other Cardinals matchup for determining if Bosa comes to the Bay. If we lose today and against them then we'll have a really good shot at him.

I posed it in NFL gen - I think that the Giants should offer them their first for Carr. Will be a really high pick, but I think that helps out both teams quite a bit. The giants may be competent with an average to above average quarterback. Gruden gets the opportunity to really make that team his with 5 first rounders in two years, including 2 insanely high ones this upcoming year, can choose his own quarterback, etc. Dallas should give it thought too. 

11 minutes ago, Geek said:

I wonder if we change D coordinators this offseason too? I like the scheme but sometimes it feels like our players aren't being put in the best position to succeed and we're not properly prepared to play some of these offenses.

That’s a tough one. I’m definitely not sold on Salah but I’m not sure he’s the problem either. I don’t like where he lines up Thomas and occasionally seems like he outsmarts himself when you see a DT on a RB or something. But if he has a pass rusher does his defense work? I don’t know. To be honest, my attention has been focused on guys missing assignments or taking horrible angles so if they were where they were supposed to be, maybe his defense has some take aways and just overall looks different. I guess what I’m saying is I just don’t know if it’s the scheme or the players because they don’t usually tell us why each plays not working. 

Or what would happen if we could actually tackle. 

Buckner showed up this drive. Got the QB hit on first down and then shut that run down there. 

Okay so no Breida the rest of the way. Get Kittle involved early and often this half. Our WRs are going to struggle to get open, especially against Peterson. 

Archived