Daniel Craig to return as James Bond

Acgott

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

And Stan Lee had the perfect response... If you want more roles for women and different races and everything, write new characters.  If you want a female spy with a cocksure attitude, write one. 

Have you seen Marvel comics lately? 

Isn't every character completely unrecognisable from their origins now? 

Wolverine and Thor are both women IIRC.

Captain America is an African American guy. 

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Have you seen Marvel comics lately? 

Isn't every character completely unrecognisable from their origins now? 

Wolverine and Thor are both women IIRC.

Captain America is an African American guy. 

And I just think that's dumb.  I don't have a problem with somebody else taking up a mantle, but if you change Steve Rogers to Stevanna Rogers, that's just dumb.  Keep Steve Rogers who he was from the beginning.  Keep Logan who he was from the beginning.  It's a part of their story and a part of who they are, so if you want to turn James Bond into Jamie Bond, why not just create a new 007? 

I wouldn't even mind a 007 movie being a female, but don't call her Bond unless she's a cousin or sister of James Bond.  James Bond is, clearly, a man.  007, however, is a title/rank. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

And I just think that's dumb.  I don't have a problem with somebody else taking up a mantle, but if you change Steve Rogers to Stevanna Rogers, that's just dumb.  Keep Steve Rogers who he was from the beginning.  Keep Logan who he was from the beginning.  It's a part of their story and a part of who they are, so if you want to turn James Bond into Jamie Bond, why not just create a new 007? 

I wouldn't even mind a 007 movie being a female, but don't call her Bond unless she's a cousin or sister of James Bond.  James Bond is, clearly, a man.  007, however, is a title/rank. 

The movie Logan did it perfectly with the girl.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

The movie Logan did it perfectly with the girl.

Well I'd assume so since the real Logan/Wolverine was in it, so it must have been a passing of the title of Wolverine, and not recreating Logan as a woman. 

On 8/17/2017 at 11:06 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Well I'd assume so since the real Logan/Wolverine was in it, so it must have been a passing of the title of Wolverine, and not recreating Logan as a woman. 

LoL it's not recreating Logan as a woman.  It's Laura taking up the name of her "father" to honor him. 

Until Marvel brings him back, of course.

Ppl getting pissed off at these characters/stories but have no idea what they even are bcuz they haven't read a single panel much less an issue much less an arc.  Sure, some of them have been lackluster or outright bad but others have been great.  

And it's not just some random African-American; it's Falcon. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

LoL it's not recreating Logan as a woman.  It's Laura taking up the name of her "father" to honor him. Until Marvel brings him back, of course.

You mean kinda like I just said, but instead of reading what I said you read what you wanted me to have said?  I literally just agreed with somebody who said that the way they did it in Logan was fine. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

Ppl getting pissed off at these characters/stories but have no idea what they even are bcuz they haven't read a single panel much less an issue much less an arc.  Sure, some of them have been lackluster or outright bad but others have been great.  

And it's not just some random African-American; it's Falcon. 

You're still not getting it because you're saying exactly what I've been saying.  I literally said I didn't have a problem when somebody picks up the mantle of Captain America.  I have a problem when they re-write Steve Rogers as somebody other than Steve Rogers.  Literally nowhere did I say I had a problem with Falcon taking on the mantle of Captain America because Sam Wilson is still Sam Wilson, who is Falcon, who picked up the mantle of Captain America. 

So maybe... And this is just a suggestion, but maybe... MAYBE you should take the time to figure out what somebody is saying before you make fun of them by literally agreeing with exactly what they're saying. 

10 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You mean kinda like I just said, but instead of reading what I said you read what you wanted me to have said?  I literally just agreed with somebody who said that the way they did it in Logan was fine. 

You're still not getting it because you're saying exactly what I've been saying.  I literally said I didn't have a problem when somebody picks up the mantle of Captain America.  I have a problem when they re-write Steve Rogers as somebody other than Steve Rogers.  Literally nowhere did I say I had a problem with Falcon taking on the mantle of Captain America because Sam Wilson is still Sam Wilson, who is Falcon, who picked up the mantle of Captain America. 

So maybe... And this is just a suggestion, but maybe... MAYBE you should take the time to figure out what somebody is saying before you make fun of them by literally agreeing with exactly what they're saying. 

giphy.gif

Yeah, I was backing you up.  That's why I said "ppl" and not "HorizontoZenith".

Maybe you should take the time to listen to your own advice, compadre.  And I wasn't making fun of anybody much less you.  

8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Yeah, I was backing you up.  That's why I said "ppl" and not "HorizontoZenith".

Maybe you should take the time to listen to your own advice, compadre.  And I wasn't making fun of anybody much less you. 

Yeah, well... What you said sure didn't look like you were backing me up. 

Archived