#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So you don't care that all other  coaches on every level would have done what Jay did and that was one of your points... Ok...

You can't call out everyone else and not take responsibility for your own crappy play and mistakes. It's an unwritten rule. Fans inflated Swearinger's play bc he was the best S we had since Landry, but that doesn't mean he was great or irreplaceable by one of our 3 young safeties were developing, a FA or a draft pick.

Guess Arizona Coach or GM had no problem with it! That's why he is on thier team. He was the best they had and your fine (as usual) backing alot of the things wrong with this organization! Just because you have a Position doesn't mean others considered under you, shouldn't be able to speak truthfully of your work with a chance of penalty following. If your the Boss and your Wrong your still Wrong and a Employess should have the right to tell you your wrong without any wrongful consequences. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Just because you have a Position doesn't mean others considered under you, shouldn't be able to speak truthfully of your work with a chance of penalty following. If your the Boss and your Wrong your still Wrong and a Employess should have the right to tell you your wrong without any wrongful consequences. 

Speaking as a boss, you're correct in a way. But the kicker here is this... if an employee thinks I'm a sack of crap and my ideas a crappy, then I encourage that employee to discuss things with me behind closed doors. Now, the employee, in that closed door session, can say some pretty outlandish stuff to me (including some insults) about pretty much everything. I encourage feedback.

HOWEVER...

If they say that I'm an idiot, or I suck, or the way I manage sucks, or that my ideas are crap and I'm full of crap, while talking to other employees and to customers?

Yeah...that guy is GONE!!

Sorry, you have the freedom to speak your mind in private. In public, my authority will not be undermined. If I see anyone trying to do this, they get their walking papers. End of story.

Now, does that mean that in a conference meeting with the team that I can't have people pitch their ideas to improve? Absolutely they can. And I will listen to them and take that feedback. But if it gets to personal shots to me, in front of the others? They are Casper.

Which is what happened with DJ.

So I agree with what DJ was saying? Yup. 

Do I agree that the Redskins needed to get rid of him? Yup

Do I think the Redskins were stupid to just cut him rather than trade him? Absolutely

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Speaking as a boss, you're correct in a way. But the kicker here is this... if an employee thinks I'm a sack of crap and my ideas a crappy, then I encourage that employee to discuss things with me behind closed doors. Now, the employee, in that closed door session, can say some pretty outlandish stuff to me (including some insults) about pretty much everything. I encourage feedback.

HOWEVER...

If they say that I'm an idiot, or I suck, or the way I manage sucks, or that my ideas are crap and I'm full of crap, while talking to other employees and to customers?

Yeah...that guy is GONE!!

Sorry, you have the freedom to speak your mind in private. In public, my authority will not be undermined. If I see anyone trying to do this, they get their walking papers. End of story.

Now, does that mean that in a conference meeting with the team that I can't have people pitch their ideas to improve? Absolutely they can. And I will listen to them and take that feedback. But if it gets to personal shots to me, in front of the others? They are Casper.

Which is what happened with DJ.

So I agree with what DJ was saying? Yup. 

Do I agree that the Redskins needed to get rid of him? Yup

Do I think the Redskins were stupid to just cut him rather than trade him? Absolutely

Agree to Disagree. This is the exact reason why the Redskins are who they are! Sweariger spoke the truth in a business where questions are asked and things are said! You kept Mason after comments about the people putting money into your business (fans) but you let Sweariger the guy speaking about you go! Just get better at your job boss and maybe your employees won't have truthful negative things to say about those in charge. Employess and players have to deal with negative feed back but are told to remain professional. Why can't you do the professional thing Bruce and get better at your job? 

40 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Agree to Disagree. 

It's a free country

This is the exact reason why the Redskins are who they are!

Not really. We are where we are because we haven't instituted a winning culture. Loudmouths spouting off publicly to reporters and teammates in the lockerroom about how much the coaches suck  is not going to do it. I mean, the REASON why DJ was spouting off is correct. And he WAS correct about it. I completely agree with WHAT DJ was saying.

But its the HOW he went about it that was wrong. And THAT is what got him gone.

The Pats are a winning team that doesn't put up with stuff like what DJ and Mason have done. They get rid of malcontents.

Sweariger spoke the truth in a business where questions are asked and things are said!

DJ spoke the truth? I believe he did.

Did he do it publicly and slam his coaches and fellow players? He absolutely did.

Should he have kept that behind closed doors? Absolutely!

Should he have not gone to Twitter to spout off? Without a doubt

Should he have issued a no comment or some platitude to reporters who asked him questions? You bet

Again, there's a way to go about it. He didn't do that.

You kept Mason after comments about the people putting money into your business (fans) but you let Sweariger the guy speaking about you go!

If you peruse my thoughts on this at the time, you'll see I wanted Mason gone too.

Just get better at your job boss and maybe your employees won't have truthful negative things to say about those in charge.

I'm always looking to get better. My employees know I don't have all the answers. Which is why I solicit feedback on the direction we're taking, etc...

But you have a lot of things to learn if you think you can spout off about how much the boss sucks to customers and your fellow employees and then expect to have longevity with the company. That's literally NOT how ANY business works.

Employess and players have to deal with negative feed back but are told to remain professional. Why can't you do the professional thing Bruce and get better at your job? 

Here we agree. Bruce needs to get better at his job. So does Jay. In fact, I want them both fired. 

Employees who want to stick around will learn to criticize constructively in public. So...if they want to tear me a new one in a private meeting, I'm game. I have literally never held that against someone since I really do love it when I get someone passionate about the work.

Publicly...if they don't agree with the direction we should be taking, take it up publicly in a meeting. Disagree with me and others? Sure. Do it respectfully and state your case. I've been persuaded many times that a different direction is needed by an employee who made the case. But if I don't make the changes they want and they want to say "Thaiphoon sucks as a manager/employer, he doesn't know what he's doing, he needs to be doing x,y and z and not doing all this other stuff. We got too many people doing a,b, and c,... blah blah blah blah" and he runs his mouth like that to the other employees and my customers? Yeah...he's gone. And trust me, I've fired people for that. 

Again...privately? Say anything you want.

Publicly? You need to be diplomatic with what you say and how you say it. Doesn't matter if you're 110% right in what you say. If you're spouting off and publicly undermining leadership...you're not long for that organization.

Because guess what? Remember the old adage...

...the boss may not always be right but he is still the boss

End of story

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's a free country

Not really. We are where we are because we haven't instituted a winning culture. Loudmouths spouting off publicly to reporters and teammates in the lockerroom about how much the coaches suck  is not going to do it. I mean, the REASON why DJ was spouting off is correct. And he WAS correct about it. I completely agree with WHAT DJ was saying.

But its the HOW he went about it that was wrong. And THAT is what got him gone.

The Pats are a winning team that doesn't put up with stuff like what DJ and Mason have done. They get rid of malcontents.

DJ spoke the truth? I believe he did.

Did he do it publicly and slam his coaches and fellow players? He absolutely did.

Should he have kept that behind closed doors? Absolutely!

Should he have not gone to Twitter to spout off? Without a doubt

Should he have issued a no comment or some platitude to reporters who asked him questions? You bet

Again, there's a way to go about it. He didn't do that.

If you peruse my thoughts on this at the time, you'll see I wanted Mason gone too.

I'm always looking to get better. My employees know I don't have all the answers. Which is why I solicit feedback on the direction we're taking, etc...

But you have a lot of things to learn if you think you can spout off about how much the boss sucks to customers and your fellow employees and then expect to have longevity with the company. That's literally NOT how ANY business works.

Here we agree. Bruce needs to get better at his job. So does Jay. In fact, I want them both fired. 

Employees who want to stick around will learn to criticize constructively in public. So...if they want to tear me a new one in a private meeting, I'm game. I have literally never held that against someone since I really do love it when I get someone passionate about the work.

Publicly...if they don't agree with the direction we should be taking, take it up publicly in a meeting. Disagree with me and others? Sure. Do it respectfully and state your case. I've been persuaded many times that a different direction is needed by an employee who made the case. But if I don't make the changes they want and they want to say "Thaiphoon sucks as a manager/employer, he doesn't know what he's doing, he needs to be doing x,y and z and not doing all this other stuff. We got too many people doing a,b, and c,... blah blah blah blah" and he runs his mouth like that to the other employees and my customers? Yeah...he's gone. And trust me, I've fired people for that. 

Again...privately? Say anything you want.

Publicly? You need to be diplomatic with what you say and how you say it. Doesn't matter if you're 110% right in what you say. If you're spouting off and publicly undermining leadership...you're not long for that organization.

Because guess what? Remember the old adage...

...the boss may not always be right but he is still the boss

End of story

The boss is the "Reason" why this organization sucks in many ways. So continue to agree with Dan and Bruce letting go of guys who are honest and great at their jobs because their Egos where hurt by the truth. Sweariger play on the field is what puts fans in those seats and you let the honest truth come between a winning product vs what? You let your best worker go because they said "Yea he can be a *** sometime"? You being A *** sometime is the truth just like its true someone who is Great at their job! I just take in consideration my own understanding I'm not perfect and as long as the a statement is true, "All" should consider taking a look in the mirror. A Title doesn't make you inhuman.

Edited by Skins212689

The boss is the "Reason" why this organization sucks in many ways. So continue to agree with Dan and Bruce letting go of guys who are honest and great at their jobs because their Egos where hurt by the truth. Sweariger play on the field is what puts fans in those seats and you let the honest truth come between a winning product vs what? You let your best worker go because they said "Yea he can be a *** sometime"? You being A *** sometime is the truth just like its true someone who is Great at their job! I just take in consideration my own understanding I'm not perfect and as long as the a statement is true, "All" should consider taking a look in the mirror. A Title doesn't make you inhuman.

What fans? Worst attendance this year at games in decades.

You're still missing the point. There's a right and wrong way to handle air your grievances as an athlete, doing it through the media is frowned upon at every level. There's a reason why DJ never sticks with a team long term despite his talents, he's a fake leader and a jerk. 

• Like 1

The boss is the "Reason" why this organization sucks in many ways. 

Agreed

So continue to agree with Dan and Bruce letting go of guys who are honest and great at their jobs because their Egos where hurt by the truth.

I will. Continue to refer to the mantra that the boss is not always right, but they are always the boss

Refer back to that if you get confused as to the hierarchy of how things work in an organization (ANY organization)

Sweariger play on the field is what puts fans in those seats and you let the honest truth come between a winning product vs what?

Honest truth can be told in house. In the room with the coach. You can certainly spout off all you want there. Once you start spouting off to everyone else on the planet, you're a loose cannon and very few people are gonna want to deal with that mess. 

Again, I fired one of the most talented people who has ever worked for me. Know why? He was doing something similar to what DJ did. Team dynamic is more important to me than primadonnas who think they do no wrong (but do lots wrong) but want to criticize others for their jobs. This was DJ to a "T". 

Do I think his criticisms were spot on? You bet

If I were Jay, would I take it to heart? You bet

Would I take it to heart if it were said privately? You bet

Would I take it to heart if DJ did to me what he did to Jay? Nope. At that point, I cannot let the inmates run the asylum. The player is the player. The coach says...the player, does. Once the coach backs down because of a player publicly calling him out, he is done. You literally CANNOT challenge authority like that and be long for the organization. Doubt me? Then do it at work tomorrow. And see how long you last at your current employer.

You let your best worker go because they said "Yea he can be a *** sometime"?

I quite literally did. There's a line. You don't cross it.

You being A *** sometime is the truth just like its true someone who is Great at their job! 

Sure...and if that employee had said that to ME...IN...PRIVATE...there would have been no repurcussions. The fact that the employee did it IN PUBLIC...IN FRONT OF HE CUSTOMER...AND COWORKERS...forced my hand. Insubordination is literally in every company handbook. This cannot be a new concept for you.

I just take in consideration my own understanding I'm not perfect and as long as the a statement is true, "All" should consider taking a look in the mirror.

I think you're still failing to grasp that if it is done in private with me, there's no issue. I know for sure that coaches are the same way. It's once that behavior goes out of that room, that something needs to be done.

A Title doesn't make you inhuman.

Correct. But it does make me their boss. And again...as long as they want to continue earning a paycheck, they will not be insubordinate to the boss in front of their peers and the customer. This is not rocket science

DJ didn't understand that. And this is why he's now on his - what...6th team in 4 or 5 years??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed

I will. Continue to refer to the mantra that the boss is not always right, but they are always the boss

Refer back to that if you get confused as to the hierarchy of how things work in an organization (ANY organization)

Honest truth can be told in house. In the room with the coach. You can certainly spout off all you want there. Once you start spouting off to everyone else on the planet, you're a loose cannon and very few people are gonna want to deal with that mess. 

Again, I fired one of the most talented people who has ever worked for me. Know why? He was doing something similar to what DJ did. Team dynamic is more important to me than primadonnas who think they do no wrong (but do lots wrong) but want to criticize others for their jobs. This was DJ to a "T". 

Do I think his criticisms were spot on? You bet

If I were Jay, would I take it to heart? You bet

Would I take it to heart if it were said privately? You bet

Would I take it to heart if DJ did to me what he did to Jay? Nope. At that point, I cannot let the inmates run the asylum. The player is the player. The coach says...the player, does. Once the coach backs down because of a player publicly calling him out, he is done. You literally CANNOT challenge authority like that and be long for the organization. Doubt me? Then do it at work tomorrow. And see how long you last at your current employer.

I quite literally did. There's a line. You don't cross it.

Sure...and if that employee had said that to ME...IN...PRIVATE...there would have been no repurcussions. The fact that the employee did it IN PUBLIC...IN FRONT OF HE CUSTOMER...AND COWORKERS...forced my hand. Insubordination is literally in every company handbook. This cannot be a new concept for you.

I think you're still failing to grasp that if it is done in private with me, there's no issue. I know for sure that coaches are the same way. It's once that behavior goes out of that room, that something needs to be done.

Correct. But it does make me their boss. And again...as long as they want to continue earning a paycheck, they will not be insubordinate to the boss in front of their peers and the customer. This is not rocket science

DJ didn't understand that. And this is why he's now on his - what...6th team in 4 or 5 years??

His talent must still be worth something if teams keep signing him. 

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You think Gibbs would’ve put up with Swearinger’s ish as long as Gruden did or Belichick?  Swearinger would’ve been cut after last season by them after he pulled the crap he did about this team two or three times last season!

Let’s not forget, Gibbs & Gregg Williamson chased out the second or third most talented defender this defense had had since Darrell Greenretired - Lavar Arrington - because he “freelanced too much” and played Warrick Hardman over him in 04 & 05 and then cut him. 

Belichick traded away the most talented DL he ever drafted in Richard Seymour. You think he would’ve kept Swearinger around If was talking ish about the rest of the team to the media acting like his ish don’t stink?

Think again

Arrington had a ton of talent, but a 10 cent brain.  Easily the second most overrated player to put on this uniform during Snyder's tenure.  Fat Albert remains in first by a landslide.  

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Arrington had a ton of talent, but a 10 cent brain.  Easily the second most overrated player to put on this uniform during Snyder's tenure.  Fat Albert remains in first by a landslide.  

That ain’t it, Lavar is smart. He wasn’t overrated, Gregg didn’t use him correctly. Gregg wanted him in coverage more than he wanted him as an attacking LB. when Lavar was playing for Marty & his brother he was awesome, when Lavar played for Marvin Lewis, he had 11 sacks in 02 & 6 sacks in 03!

Gregg didn’t use him as a pass rusher on 3rd downs. He should have.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That ain’t it, Lavar is smart. He wasn’t overrated, Gregg didn’t use him correctly. Gregg wanted him in coverage more than he wanted him as an attacking LB. when Lavar was playing for Marty & his brother he was awesome, when Lavar played for Marvin Lewis, he had 11 sacks in 02 & 6 sacks in 03!

Gregg didn’t use him as a pass rusher on 3rd downs. He should have.

You can't have this both ways.  You cant say for another team that ownership knew what they were getting into when they hired two coaches (Rex and Rob Ryan) and then turn this around and say Joe Gibbs and Gregg Williams misused a player.  It's one or the other, you can't change the story to fit your narrative.  

Arrington had one year with 11 sacks.  For his career, he had 23.5, so essentially half his sacks came in one year.  Mike Mamula is considered the definition of "combine warrior" and is considered a bust by some, and he had 31.5 sacks for his career.  Chris Long this year in part-time duty had 6.5 sacks.  Arrington had one great year, followed by clashes with his coaches and ultimately underwhelmed for a #2 overall pick with his talent level.  For as much as fans love the guy and think he's great, when he really wasn't except for one year, I consider him the #2 overrated Snyder Redskin. 

• Like 1