DHall on Norman

turtle28

10 hours ago, mike23md said:

Norman said on twitter, that if he is the 3rd bets corner, than the other 2 must be really good. 

I replied, no, that just means that you are no better than a 6th round prospect right now. 

He has inflated view of himself. He plays well at the line of scrimmage and on shorter routes because of his technique, but he’s susceptible to betting beat deep bc of his lack of his speed.

Again, Norman covers well in short areas where he can use his technique, his hands, get jams and re-route WRs. He gets beat downfield like he did vs Hill and the week before but Allison of Green Bay. He and Swearinger both are guilty of watching the QBs eyes too much and jumping routes instead of playing the man/their zone always which will stop them from giving up big plays.

24 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is what leaders do

Perfect timing too. Heading into a game vs the not so great Carolina passing attack and now into the God awful Dallas passing game and then the Giants. This defense as a whole could be feeling themselves pretty good heading into the stretch run.  

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is what leaders do

And I’m glad he’s finally stepping up, honestly we’ve needed him to be more of a vocal leader in that secondary room since we signed him. Instead it seems to me he’s been more quiet and let others take the lead on the defense even when coaches  had issues with Breeland & Sua.

15 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Perfect timing too. Heading into a game vs the not so great Carolina passing attack and now into the God awful Dallas passing game and then the Giants. This defense as a whole could be feeling themselves pretty good heading into the stretch run.  

Sadly, the Dallas offense is tricky. Their passing game still isn’t all that but because Dak is a dual threat QB and Elliot seems back to his rookie form, they are a huge threat on the ground.

I’m hopeful we can take care of business vs Dallas but the match up always worries me. It’s a game we should win, but we all know that we don’t always win those.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sadly, the Dallas offense is tricky. Their passing game still isn’t all that but because Dak is a dual threat QB and Elliot seems back to his rookie form, they are a huge threat on the ground.

I’m hopeful we can take care of business vs Dallas but the match up always worries me. It’s a game we should win, but we all know that we don’t always win those.

Well yea. If Payne,Allen and Matt I can win up front we have a pretty good chance. Dallas O Line is a little banged up. Plus Bortles put that D in some bad spots last night with some turnovers and Alex shouldn’t do that

23 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Well yea. If Payne,Allen and Matt I can win up front we have a pretty good chance. Dallas O Line is a little banged up. Plus Bortles put that D in some bad spots last night with some turnovers and Alex shouldn’t do that

I sure hope our passing offense gets more in sync. I agree that Alex won’t put our D in bad spots with bad turnovers but I know we all want to see more out of this passing offense, because it’s capable of going over 300 yards and having a few passing TDs each week.

I was glad to see Doctson get 3 grabs and make a few tough catches in traffic, but it still seems that he and Alex still aren’t on the same page yet.

I hope CT & Crowder are back, they’ll help a lot.

Dallas week would be a perfect week for our passing offense to finally catch fire and put together a complete game.

Archived