GDT: Vikings@Jets

bspice

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Anyone concerned with Darnold's arm strength? I don't know if he's just trying to add touch to the pass, but his long throws tend to float and come up short.

A little, for the reason you mentioned. My first concern was when he didn’t throw at the combine, especially since everyone else (except Jackson) did.  Also on the “Soul and Science”show that was on the NFL network, they said he has an average velocity of 50mph. I don’t know how they came up with that number - were they just estimating or was it measured?  They didn’t make it sound like a negative but still 50 seems low.

46 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

A little, for the reason you mentioned. My first concern was when he didn’t throw at the combine, especially since everyone else (except Jackson) did.  Also on the “Soul and Science”show that was on the NFL network, they said he has an average velocity of 50mph. I don’t know how they came up with that number - were they just estimating or was it measured?  They didn’t make it sound like a negative but still 50 seems low.

Guys have shown throughout their career it’s about decisions making not arm strength that makes the QB. Peyton has bad velocity, Brady doesn’t exactly sling it. Even Brees doesn’t rip it. Just bc Darnold has a rough game against a very good secondary I don’t think he’s the issue. I think the problem yesterday was at WR. 

We were short handed at WR in the Viking game and what does Bowles do when we are short handed with playmakers. Out of the 71 offensive snaps we had, Herndon  played on only 24 of them. So who does he play instead of him, Tomlinson, and Sterling, both of them flat out suck. And why that don't make any sense, is because Herndon is also a good blocker. Herndon should be playing at 3/4 of our total offensive plays, so he can get a repor with Darnold. BOWLES is such a dunce.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:41 AM, doumeyer said:

We were short handed at WR in the Viking game and what does Bowles do when we are short handed with playmakers. Out of the 71 offensive snaps we had, Herndon  played on only 24 of them. So who does he play instead of him, Tomlinson, and Sterling, both of them flat out suck. And why that don't make any sense, is because Herndon is also a good blocker. Herndon should be playing at 3/4 of our total offensive plays, so he can get a repor with Darnold. BOWLES is such a dunce.

blame the OC on that. that’s his offense. bowles actually coaches a very solid game and was the only reason we were even in it. keep in mind i hate todd bowles and want him gone but our OC is equally as terrible. 

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I can’t wait to overhaul the WR position again in the draft and cut them all the following season. We really need someone else making our draft picks ASAP.

Are there even any big great we prospects in this draft ?

On 10/22/2018 at 11:47 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Well I watched the game finally. Still need a C in the worst way and this current group of WRs without Enunwa isn’t going to cut it

Is Spencer Long actually better than Wesley Johnson? Wesley Johnson was atrocious but he never had snap issues like this clown. Spencer Long has been one of the worst centers the Jets have ever had, and you can definitely make a case the we actually regressed with him. The amount of throws he’s negatively impacted due to bad snaps is incomprehensible. We need a center very very badly. 

40 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Is Spencer Long actually better than Wesley Johnson? Wesley Johnson was atrocious but he never had snap issues like this clown. Spencer Long has been one of the worst centers the Jets have ever had, and you can definitely make a case the we actually regressed with him. The amount of throws he’s negatively impacted due to bad snaps is incomprehensible. We need a center very very badly. 

Can't argue that, the one thing the Jets always was a top center. All those bad snaps he has are throwing Darnold's, timing way off. I am not even sure the guy can play guard.

22 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Can't argue that, the one thing the Jets always was a top center. All those bad snaps he has are throwing Darnold's, timing way off. I am not even sure the guy can play guard.

Yeah two long eras for Mawae and Mangold and now complete scrubs. He.s not even a good blocker. Luckily he will absolutely be cut after this year. We will not pay this guy 6.5 million next year. He will be cut with no dead money otherwise Mike Macagnan should pay him himself. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah two long eras for Mawae and Mangold and now complete scrubs. He.s not even a good blocker. Luckily he will absolutely be cut after this year. We will not pay this guy 6.5 million next year. He will be cut with no dead money otherwise Mike Macagnan should pay him himself. 

Even before the two players you mention, we had Joe Fields & John Schmitt from our SB team. That is over 50 years of top centers. What really has me concern is we are only going to have one draft pick in the first 75 over picks in the draft. And with that 100 million we have in cap space, some of the people on our board think the FA market looks weak. The guy keep coming up list of top players in the draft, but I never see a list of players who will be in the FA market next year. Maybe it is to early, I don't know when theyapply to be a FA.

Archived