Nick Bosa Won't Return from Injury to Prepare for NFL Draft

ramssuperbowl99

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I would say the captain thing should be up to his teammates. And I don't see the harm in giving him a ring if OSU wins anything. It's a harmless gesture to preserve a multi-million dollar relationship.

I would think about it differently if he was staying in Columbus, on the sideline for games, etc. My understanding is he’s moving in with big bro out in California, rehabbing, and training for the draft. He’s kind of removed himself from those privileges from my perspective. Being a team captain should mean something. I’m not at all knocking Bosa’s decision here. He’s doing what’s best for him. I just think he’s choosing one thing over the other.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I would think about it differently if he was staying in Columbus, on the sideline for games, etc. My understanding is he’s moving in with big bro out in California, rehabbing, and training for the draft. He’s kind of removed himself from those privileges from my perspective. Being a team captain should mean something. I’m not at all knocking Bosa’s decision here. He’s doing what’s best for him. I just think he’s choosing one thing over the other.

Yeah if he's not with the team I'd assume his teammates wouldn't want him to stay captain. (tbh, I don't really get the coach-sanctioned captain anyway...to me a captain should always be elected by the team.)

12 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly I forgot all about this thread.

I never said it would benefit the school, I also think it's pathetic that trying to teach a kid to keep his word could hurt the school but ultimately I do agree that it could.

If he was Joe Benchwarmer and not Nick Bosa he'd probably lose his scholarship because he got injured.

Archived