Nick Bosa Won't Return from Injury to Prepare for NFL Draft

ramssuperbowl99

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yes. By all means let’s turn this into a thread debating which premiere DL prospect is better than the other, at a different position. Insecurities. Goodness. Oliver is great. Not sure why his name needs interjected yet again. 

relax..i was joking and being petty. lol

51 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yes. By all means let’s turn this into a thread debating which premiere DL prospect is better than the other, at a different position. Insecurities. Goodness. Oliver is great. Not sure why his name needs interjected yet again. 

Just upset his team got caught cheating...

/s

20 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

That's fine but he's full of **** if he ever claimed he was team first or any of that nonsense. What his teammates say in public is fine but if you think privately they dont think he's full of **** you're a fool

Being "team first" has always been a dumb media soundbyte.  Players need to look out for themselves first.

Here's my legitimate question, since he is deciding not to play even if he is medically cleared could the team rescind his scholarship and demand that he pay tuition for this year? I think they should be able to and that they should do it.

Regardless on whether or not you think he's doing the right thing for his career the fact is when you sign that loi to play for a school you're signing a contract that states you get free tuition for playing football... Since he's reneging on that contract he should have to pay tuition for this year.

38 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Here's my legitimate question, since he is deciding not to play even if he is medically cleared could the team rescind his scholarship and demand that he pay tuition for this year? I think they should be able to and that they should do it.

Regardless on whether or not you think he's doing the right thing for his career the fact is when you sign that loi to play for a school you're signing a contract that states you get free tuition for playing football... Since he's reneging on that contract he should have to pay tuition for this year.

He withdrew from school, so he isn’t getting the free education

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Did you take the time to think about what that would do the relationship with the Bosa family if they try that BS you speak of? What if they had another kid coming through the pipeline, do you think they would send their kid to tOSU? What about the relationship between tOSU and St. Thomas Aquinas would they still be inclined to send their kids to tOSU knowing they would try this crap? What if STA starts telling the there schools/prospects to stay away from us. Judging from your post, you probably didn't think about that, what you fail to realize is at this level of football, in order to play at that high of a level, you need elite players, you don't go trying to pull vindictive crap like this just to try to be tough guy and prove a point.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

What about guys who decide to transfer, say a Kelly Bryant? Isnt he breaking the contract? The difference is tho, he is staying in the school to finish out his classes before he transfers. 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Did you take the time to think about what that would do the relationship with the Bosa family if they try that BS you speak of? What if they had another kid coming through the pipeline, do you think they would send their kid to tOSU? What about the relationship between tOSU and St. Thomas Aquinas would they still be inclined to send their kids to tOSU knowing they would try this crap? What if STA starts telling the there schools/prospects to stay away from us. Judging from your post, you probably didn't think about that, what you fail to realize is at this level of football, in order to play at that high of a level, you need elite players, you don't go trying to pull vindictive crap like this just to try to be tough guy and prove a point.

I don't see it as being vindictive personally, I see it as a legitimate issue of a guy breaking his deal with the school.

And as someone else already mentioned it wouldn't even be a big deal for Bosa, I'm sure Joey would have no problem helping little brother cover it until Nick gets drafted and signs his own multi million dollar deal.

Plus he wouldn't be paying the full amount anyway, he technically did play this year and you can't fault him for the injury so you could only logically actually go after him from the time he's medically cleared so you're only going to be charging him a percentage of what the tuition would be equal to the amount of time left in the School year when he's medically cleared.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

What about guys who decide to transfer, say a Kelly Bryant? Isnt he breaking the contract? The difference is tho, he is staying in the school to finish out his classes before he transfers. 

That's actually a good point and I think it's kinda messed up guys are allowed to even do that to begin with, especially now that you no longer have to have permission from your current school to be able to transfer.

I think I remember reading that the NCAA was actually considering allowing schools to pull a players scholarship once they find out the player intends to transfer which imo is the right thing.

There needs to be accountability anytime a player doesn't fulfill his duties to a school whether it's a case like Bosa or a player who transfers.

"Debate" aside, it sucks to hear this injury is much more serious than the initial day-to-day vibe it had. Imagine it will easily be enough to put Oliver ahead of him in the draft, they both are damn near perfect, you'll find any knock you can to justify taking the other and feeling like it is the easy choice. In this case a recent serious injury.... Don't think it effects him beyond that though, like he'll still be a top 5 pick without a doubt. 

Archived