Nick Bosa Won't Return from Injury to Prepare for NFL Draft

ramssuperbowl99

11 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't see it as being vindictive personally, I see it as a legitimate issue of a guy breaking his deal with the school.

And as someone else already mentioned it wouldn't even be a big deal for Bosa, I'm sure Joey would have no problem helping little brother cover it until Nick gets drafted and signs his own multi million dollar deal.

Plus he wouldn't be paying the full amount anyway, he technically did play this year and you can't fault him for the injury so you could only logically actually go after him from the time he's medically cleared so you're only going to be charging him a percentage of what the tuition would be equal to the amount of time left in the School year when he's medically cleared.

That's actually a good point and I think it's kinda messed up guys are allowed to even do that to begin with, especially now that you no longer have to have permission from your current school to be able to transfer.

I think I remember reading that the NCAA was actually considering allowing schools to pull a players scholarship once they find out the player intends to transfer which imo is the right thing.

There needs to be accountability anytime a player doesn't fulfill his duties to a school whether it's a case like Bosa or a player who transfers.

No school would ever open themselves up to that can of worms.

The Cost of Being Negative Recruited like Crazy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> An extra $10,000 from charging a kid a semester of tuition

13 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Here's my legitimate question, since he is deciding not to play even if he is medically cleared could the team rescind his scholarship and demand that he pay tuition for this year? I think they should be able to

Well I mean that's kind of dumb, but maybe.

13 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

and that they should do it.

This is the dumbest post in this thread.

Starting today, even without playing a down, Bosa is still worth millions of dollars to OSU. He's going to give OSU free advertising to top notch recruits for the better part of a decade by saying "Nick Bosa, Ohio State University". He's going to be around the school, signing autographs and glad handing with donors who pour ridiculous money into the OSU athletic department. He's a representative of one of the most successful football high schools in the country, and that same OSU influence will help a ton there too.

Bosa isn't just going to be an NFL player; he's going to be a professional Buckeye. That makes OSU money. And they risk lighting that on fire for what, $20,000?

Dumbest post in this thread. And this has been a thread full of dumb posts.

I'm trying to actually comprehend the amount of recruiting and PR damage that a program would entail if they actually were petty enough to charge a kid like Bosa $10,000-$20,000 for this semester:

Recruiting:

*Recruits would decommit

*Other coaches would use it as leverage about "only caring about money and not the player/athlete's well being"

PR:

*You couldn't use a future TOP 5 pick as an asset/free advertising, whether it be banners, appearances, bragging rights, etc.

*The National fallout would be catastrophic in the media. We're talking about one of the biggest programs/money makers in college football, which is independent/self sustaining and brings in MILLIONS OF DOLLARS Annually

...and lots more.

OSU would be smart to issue a statement thanking Bosa for all of his hard work/effort and impact on the team and university, wish him  the best, and invite him to their annual pro day (assuming that legally they're allowed to since he's technically now a non student), giving him every resource available that they're allowed to. 

At the very worst, it's great business sense. At the best, it's a nice gesture by a university that this kid has invested himself into and clearly made a very tough decision, but one that's also clearly the best for him.

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well I mean that's kind of dumb, but maybe.

This is the dumbest post in this thread.

Starting today, even without playing a down, Bosa is still worth millions of dollars to OSU. He's going to give OSU free advertising to top notch recruits for the better part of a decade by saying "Nick Bosa, Ohio State University". He's going to be around the school, signing autographs and glad handing with donors who pour ridiculous money into the OSU athletic department. He's a representative of one of the most successful football high schools in the country, and that same OSU influence will help a ton there too.

Bosa isn't just going to be an NFL player; he's going to be a professional Buckeye. That makes OSU money. And they risk lighting that on fire for what, $20,000?

Dumbest post in this thread. And this has been a thread full of dumb posts.

Yeah you know Urbz wasn’t happy that he was leaving but he knows what the move does. He can sell it to recruits. Just another top5 pick under his belt. How many top5 picks is that for him now?

Alex Smith

Zeke Elliot 

Joey Bosa

Denzel Ward 

mass Nick Bosa in a few months 

what current coach has produced the most top5 picks? 

Saban has 

Cooper

Richardson

Dareus 

I think Sumlin has 3 in Miller garret and Joeckel  jumbo maybe tied with 3 as well

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At the very worst, it's great business sense.

It's this. And it's obvious business sense.

The only way you can argue this is to pretend that Nick Bosa is worth $0 to OSU. It's the same delusional attitude that players worth millions shouldn't be paid because the schools make them.

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's the same delusional attitude that players worth millions shouldn't be paid because the schools make them.

As long as the NCAA enforces more important matters, like players not being allowed to eat cream cheese with their bagels. We can't have anarchy here man.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As long as the NCAA enforces more important matters, like players not being allowed to eat cream cheese with their bagels. We can't have anarchy here man.

Yep. Also Maryland murdered a player this offseason but the check is gonna clear so no big deal.

Gotta love the NCAA.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. Also Maryland murdered a player this offseason but the check is gonna clear so no big deal.

Gotta love the NCAA.

At least their president/university claimed full responsibility until there was obviously going to be money involved and an obvious lawsuit.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'm trying to actually comprehend the amount of recruiting and PR damage that a program would entail if they actually were petty enough to charge a kid like Bosa $10,000-$20,000 for this semester:

Recruiting:

*Recruits would decommit

*Other coaches would use it as leverage about "only caring about money and not the player/athlete's well being"

PR:

*You couldn't use a future TOP 5 pick as an asset/free advertising, whether it be banners, appearances, bragging rights, etc.

*The National fallout would be catastrophic in the media. We're talking about one of the biggest programs/money makers in college football, which is independent/self sustaining and brings in MILLIONS OF DOLLARS Annually

...and lots more.

OSU would be smart to issue a statement thanking Bosa for all of his hard work/effort and impact on the team and university, wish him  the best, and invite him to their annual pro day (assuming that legally they're allowed to since he's technically now a non student), giving him every resource available that they're allowed to. 

At the very worst, it's great business sense. At the best, it's a nice gesture by a university that this kid has invested himself into and clearly made a very tough decision, but one that's also clearly the best for him.

After hearing both sides of the argument, I think OSU should charge Bosa the money

Leaving Ohio State early to go to the NFL is kind of one of their biggest selling points in recruiting, so I don't get why people are upset that he's leaving early. He was already going to leave after the year, he got injured, no point in risking further injury by playing if you aren't completely healthy and playing at 100%. Especially if you're basically guaranteed to be picked top 5 despite missing most of your final year of college football.

21 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Bosa should not have any privileges as team captain or be recognized that way the rest of the season, because he withdrew from the team. That one is just common sense. The money thing is just silly though.

I would say the captain thing should be up to his teammates. And I don't see the harm in giving him a ring if OSU wins anything. It's a harmless gesture to preserve a multi-million dollar relationship.

I so do not understand what the big fuss is about, he came to tOSU with the assumption that he would do the same thing his brother did which was put himself in position to be a top pick, he came, got tutelage from the best DL coach in the country and was the player we all expected to be. Got hurt, we all don't know the extent of the injury and got spooked at the potential of further injury so the family decided to withdraw from school to secure being a top prospect. I see zero issue with this, and I don't see why anyone would if it doesn't affect them directly. If Urban/tOSU isn't freaking out about it, neither should us the fans/onlookers

Archived