The Ultimeat Showdown! Butcher Battle Round 4 and Don't Be Fowl Round 2 posted in OP on 11/08

Dome

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pretends to know quality, drinks Shiner.

giphy.gif 

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/shiner-bock/909/

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bud-light/474/

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/miller-lite/403/

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/coors-light/707/

Nobody said its brag worthy. Its a social beer. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Any beer is a social beer if you drink it around other people.

There’s no reason short of sober time with in laws that that makes drinking any of that nonsense acceptable. Do better sir.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Any beer is a social beer if you drink it around other people.

There’s no reason short of sober time with in laws that that makes drinking any of that nonsense acceptable. Do better sir.

Let me rephrase: 

If you are having/going to a party there will usually be cheap beer. Shiner is the best of the cheap beers. 

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Beer is portable, you can come prepared.

Besides, if your friends are serving those beers, you need new friends.

We throw parties. There is always a cooler of Shiner + some lite beer. For those who come unprepared or run out of beer early. Shiner is the best of the cheap. I am not sure why this is hard to comprehend. Cheap beer is a thing, Shiner is the best one. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We throw parties. There is always a cooler of Shiner + some lite beer. For those who come unprepared or run out of beer early. Shiner is the best of the cheap. I am not sure why this is hard to comprehend. Cheap beer is a thing, Shiner is the best one. 

It’s not hard to comprehend at all, but I think you’re missing the point.

When you claim that no one outside of Texas can smoke a brisket and all other BBQ is trash, etc., it implies a descerning palate.  

When that same person makes a claim to also like Shiner Bock, a mediocre (I’m being generous) beer by pretty much all standards, the idea of having a refined palate goes out the window a bit. ? 

Cheap beer is definitely a thing though, I am aware.  I just don’t drink it.  Good beer fits in a cooler too and can be given out to people who come unprepared as well.  It’s not required you serve guests bad beer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not hard to comprehend at all, but I think you’re missing the point.

When you claim that no one outside of Texas can smoke a brisket and all other BBQ is trash, etc., it implies a descerning palate.  

When that same person makes a claim to also like Shiner Bock, a mediocre (I’m being generous) beer by pretty much all standards, the idea of having a refined palate goes out the window a bit. ? 

Cheap beer is definitely a thing though, I am aware.  I just don’t drink it.  Good beer fits in a cooler too and can be given out to people who come unprepared as well.  It’s not required you serve guests bad beer.

I said it was a perfectly fine social beer. I didnt say it was good. Though I would argue it isnt bad (its not watered down). 

There is good BBQ outside of Texas. Brisket though, too many places screw up brisket. They have fine pulled pork. Ribs are great. Sausage? cant mess it up. But Brisket? Somehow the further you go from TX the worse it gets. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I said it was a perfectly fine social beer. I didnt say it was good. Though I would argue it isnt bad (its not watered down). 

There is good BBQ outside of Texas. Brisket though, too many places screw up brisket. They have fine pulled pork. Ribs are great. Sausage? cant mess it up. But Brisket? Somehow the further you go from TX the worse it gets. 

This simply isn’t true though.

Ive had great BRISKET in many places across the country, including Texas. 

The idea that nobody but Texans can smoke a brisket is absurd.  It’s almost a cliched “Everything’s bigger in Texas” response. I mean, are you implying no one who’s ever learned to smoke meat in Texas has ever moved?  Or that wood leaves better flavor when burned in Texas air? 

Cmon man, this is an absurd hill to die on.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This simply isn’t true though.

Ive had great BRISKET in many places across the country, including Texas. 

The idea that nobody but Texans can smoke a brisket is absurd.  It’s almost a cliched “Everything’s bigger in Texas” response. I mean, are you implying no one who’s ever learned to smoke meat in Texas has ever moved?  Or that wood leaves better flavor when burned in Texas air? 

Cmon man, this is an absurd hill to die on.

You know damn well thats not what I am claiming. I am speaking in generalities. For example, I just went to the #1 rated BBQ place in Kansas City. Everything was good. But the brisket was just okay. Way too salty. And they were sold out of burnt ends, so that made me sad. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You know damn well thats not what I am claiming. I am speaking in generalities.

10 years ago I might have agreed, but bbq has exploded nationally and a lot of places do it well. Brisket for me is definitely what separates the men from the boys, as I agree, pulled pork is a given.  Hell pork shoulder in a crock pot is delicious, it better be incredible if you have a smoker. Lots of good brisket everywhere man, that’s all I’m saying.

For example, I just went to the #1 rated BBQ place in Kansas City.

Joe’s?

Everything was good. But the brisket was just okay. Way too salty. And they were sold out of burnt ends, so that made me sad. 

I’d have been pissed too.  Burnt ends are the bees knees.

This place served me the best I’ve ever had.

https://currituckbbq.com/category/platters/

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

10 years ago I might have agreed, but bbq has exploded nationally and a lot of places do it well. Brisket for me is definitely what separates the men from the boys, as I agree, pulled pork is a given.  Hell pork shoulder in a crock pot is delicious, it better be incredible if you have a smoker. Lots of good brisket everywhere man, that’s all I’m saying.

Joe’s?

I’d have been pissed too.  Burnt ends are the bees knees.

This place served me the best I’ve ever had.

https://currituckbbq.com/category/platters/

It was in fact Joes. The original too. I stood in line like a true American.