Week 8 GDT: Houston vs Miami

Pastor Dillon

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Best game by Watson and best coached game by O Brien since last season's home game vs the Titans.  Why the hell cant he can games like this consistently?

It starts with the run game - if Miller or Blue gets going early, everything gets going. 

51 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Glass Fuller tore the ACL. That sucks. At least if we could get Coutee healthy we have two legit WRs

too early to say that on Coutee. Too much pressure on him as a rookie to being our 2nd option in the passing game.  I say go after Dez.

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I say go after Dez

No, not at all. He's a homeless man's Hopkins, simply not a good WR anymore. He doesn't bring anything to table that we need to replace with the Fuller loss.

Hard pass.

30 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, not at all. He's a homeless man's Hopkins, simply not a good WR anymore. He doesn't bring anything to table that we need to replace with the Fuller loss.

Hard pass.

what do we have to lose?  we should keep our draft picks to add depth to this team and address needs.  nobody else is available on the street that is even close to dez Bryant as a player.

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

what do we have to lose?  we should keep our draft picks to add depth to this team and address needs.  nobody else is available on the street that is even close to dez Bryant as a player.

What do we have to gain? A guy with documented clashes with teammates and coaches? A guy who really brings nothing more to the table at this point than Vyncient Smith or Sammie Coates? A guy who probably won't be effective for several weeks as he gets up to game speed and learns out playbook?

The team either thinks they have a shot or they don't have a shot. If they have a shot, you spend the draft pick on a guy like Devante Parker or Desean Jackson - players with a similar skillset to Fuller, and actually providing a chance to replicate what this offense does while keeping Coutee at his spot (and in the case of Parker, a guy who can be a longer-term part of the offense - because Will Fuller is proving to be unreliable and you'll need long term depth behind him). If they don't have a shot, then let Vyncient Smith and Sammie Coates get game experience for next season.

The only reason to go for Dez is to rub it in Cowboys' fans faces - which is the furthest thing from what's important. Dez is unemployed after seven weeks for a reason.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Sign him for the remainder of the season and if he doesn't pan out then don't bring him back.

I'd much rather give Smith/Coates a shot. They at least know the playbook and have worked with Watson before. Dez is a complete unknown in both of those capacity, and has zero upside vs guys you can acquire via trade.

Hell, go sign Braxton Miller from the Eagles PS before you bring in Dez.

Smith and Coates aren't good to begin with and Braxton definitely isn't good.  Only reason Dez had a "down" year with the Cowboys last season is because Dak is mediocre as is the Cowboys offense.  You will see the same thing with Cooper for them.  Dez gives us another redzone threat with Hopkins and that will make our offense harder to defend in that area.  I'm not even sure what Desean will demand.  I know he is 31 but I personally wouldn't give up a mid round pick for him.  If we were to make a trade I would much prefer it be for a CB.

2 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Go trade for Conley and Jordy Nelson.

Conley? Sure. Jordy? No thanks, unless he's a throw in.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Smith and Coates aren't good to begin with and Braxton definitely isn't good.

Right now, they are better than Dez. They are on NFL rosters, Dez is not (despite working out for a few teams). The Browns - who traded away Josh Gordon and are relying on a very bad WR unit - didn't give Dez a call after his workout. That speaks volumes to what Dez has left. 

Archived