Gareon-Curious

NudeTayne

First off, congratulations on the heist of the century.

Moving along, Gareon Conley has been a mystery this year to many. Drafted late first last year, he was supposed to have CB1 potential. Now with setting to be in the dog house, many are curious if he might be on the move as well. Browns fans naturally take interest in all players from Ohio State.

Can you tell us a bit about what seems to have been going wrong? Does he actually suck? What's the dealy? Thanks, Raider fans!

He missed most of his rookie campaign which stunted him. He did look solid in preseason and early in the year, but once Worley came back from suspension, Conley lost his playing time. I don't know why but it's frustrating. I would be much more disappointed trading Conley than Cooper tbh.

Conley will become a good CB, whether that be for the Raiders or not.

49 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Can you tell us a bit about what seems to have been going wrong? Does he actually suck? What's the dealy? Thanks, Raider fans!

He doesn't suck. I don't think he's in the doghouse but they don't want to shoot his confidence in the current state of our D. He's a young CB playing with very little pass rush in front of him. Guenther has a history of not rushing his young CBs onto the field.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

That's the thing, we don't know. We cant even begin to tell you his strengths and weaknesses as a player because he simply hasn't played enough. 

Interesting. Our third round rookie defensive tackle (Chad Thomas) and second round rookie offensive lineman (Austin Corbett) have not really gotten on the field yet and they are both being called busts by the majority of our fans. Interesting that he hasn't been on the field much by now, though. I wonder if he's traded or else starts to see playing time soon.

Archived