The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Yeah, to prove khodder isn't lying to all of us about everything. At least we would know that a confirmed civ has the same story.

How does this hurt?

It's a distraction for information we can't verify and will always have the question of "is it tainted" in practice there's nothing wrong with it but it has no upside to it.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

IT doesnt clear either. 

So we're back to this? if you can't clear him, there's no value in pursuing it at all?

it could implicate him if he truly can't come up with anything, is there any value there?

Small chances of that happening? Sure. His story checks out so far, sure. But we've got plenty of  time and the ability to chase this lead to its end, so why not try?

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

It's a distraction for information we can't verify and will always have the question of "is it tainted" in practice there's nothing wrong with it but it has no upside to it.

it's not about what we can learn from orca, it's what we can learn about khodder if can't open up a line of communication.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I didn't say it did.  I said it allows for the perpetuation of a scheme to clear both.

allowing a scheme of clearing Khodder

I was responding to this. That isnt a risk, because it isnt a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

So we're back to this? if you can't clear him, there's no value in pursuing it at all?

it could implicate him if he truly can't come up with anything, is there any value there?

Small chances of that happening? Sure. His story checks out so far, sure. But we've got plenty of  time and the ability to chase this lead to its end, so why not try?

You do you. If you really think that your greatest contribution right now is to ride this train.... than I guess go on. But to me, its dumb. 

23 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I think Matts is cult.

Matts missed the requirements to avoid roleblock on the first phase.  This implies that Matts has an even night ability.

The information asymmetry indicates that Mafia would not attempt to kill someone who is presumptively inactive.  Thus, Matts is likely to make it through N1, absent a Town kill, but the same rationale is applicable.

Matts read the thread and "liked" posts throughout to substantiate this position.  Thus, avoiding the potential for a mislynch based on inactivity, and serves as a means to placate suspicious masses.

bcb defended Matts as non-scum based on the fact he was roleblocked. 

Then, this occurred:

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you an other? Is your goal to lynch BCB? 

I think this is a freudian slip.  We know the starting ratio is 13:3:1.  Thus, the correct phrasing would be inquiring if I am the other, rather than an other.  Under my theory, this statement serves various purposes:

1.)  It plants the idea that the other is a somewhat innocuous entity, who is largely independent of the ultimate game outcome.

2.)  The "slip" is that Matt is aware of the potential for that number to increase, but postulated the sole known other is the independent.

3.)  He offered some reciprocity in the form of a soft defense of bcb, which may serve the purpose of buying him some good-faith with the killers.

And explains the anomalous previous behavior:

1.)  Matts was inactive because he has an even night recruitment, which would balance the recruitment ability in a 13:3:1 scenario with two factional kills occurring. 

(I will concede this is conclusion is somewhat flawed because without a second night to determine if this trajectory continues, then we will not know if it is balanced, but facially appears plausible)

2.)  bcb's defense would make sense because bcb is Mafia, and there is a 9/10 chance Matts is Town based on the fact bcb knows who his scummates are.  Thus, providing bcb with a quick "I told you so" to point toward if Matts is mislynched, but also providing him complete deniability if Matts rolls over Cult because he was roleblocked N1.

So, I'm convinced Matts is cult.  But regardless, bcb is scum.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You do you. If you really think that your greatest contribution right now is to ride this train.... than I guess go on. But to me, its dumb. 

ride this train? i asked for a response from orca, now i'm waiting for a response. You think that's a big burden on civ resources? It took all of about 15 seconds.

We have 24 hours for khodder to prove it that he's communing with a dead man (i'm VERY confident that the orca can say something where I'll know it's him) then I'll be able to sleep at night.  If he can't come up with anything, that should be concerning to everyone.

8 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Matts missed the requirements to avoid roleblock on the first phase.  This implies that Matts has an even night ability.

The information asymmetry indicates that Mafia would not attempt to kill someone who is presumptively inactive.  Thus, Matts is likely to make it through N1, absent a Town kill, but the same rationale is applicable.

Matts read the thread and "liked" posts throughout to substantiate this position.  Thus, avoiding the potential for a mislynch based on inactivity, and serves as a means to placate suspicious masses.

bcb defended Matts as non-scum based on the fact he was roleblocked. 

Then, this occurred:

I think this is a freudian slip.  We know the starting ratio is 13:3:1.  Thus, the correct phrasing would be inquiring if I am the other, rather than an other.  Under my theory, this statement serves various purposes:

1.)  It plants the idea that the other is a somewhat innocuous entity, who is largely independent of the ultimate game outcome.

2.)  The "slip" is that Matt is aware of the potential for that number to increase, but postulated the sole known other is the independent.

3.)  He offered some reciprocity in the form of a soft defense of bcb, which may serve the purpose of buying him some good-faith with the killers.

And explains the anomalous previous behavior:

1.)  Matts was inactive because he has an even night recruitment, which would balance the recruitment ability in a 13:3:1 scenario with two factional kills occurring. 

(I will concede this is conclusion is somewhat flawed because without a second night to determine if this trajectory continues, then we will not know if it is balanced, but facially appears plausible)

2.)  bcb's defense would make sense because bcb is Mafia, and there is a 9/10 chance Matts is Town based on the fact bcb knows who his scummates are.  Thus, providing bcb with a quick "I told you so" to point toward if Matts is mislynched, but also providing him complete deniability if Matts rolls over Cult because he was roleblocked N1.

So, I'm convinced Matts is cult.  But regardless, bcb is scum.

This is a fantastic post but its based on faults. I was not present to hit the 3 post minimum because I left around 3pm CST and didnt return until 8ish CST. Otherwise you would have had a solid argument. 

Archived