NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Peak Teague? The guy that averaged 17/7 on 43.8/32.9/84.6?

Plus, Garland is nowhere near the facilitator Teague is/was. Sorry, don't see it.

I don't like the comp to Teague, but I'd still rather have Teague than Russell.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

In today's NBA? Nah. I can't see it. 

What's your comp for Garland?

I just don't think Russell is good tbh.

Good question. I guess I'd say poor man's Dame, which is a sixth man imo.

Just now, Utley said:

Good question. I guess I'd say poor man's Dame, which is a sixth man imo.

Yeah, that was where I was going to go next. Was going to say you hope he can be in some vein of Lillard. 

My thing is though...how can you like Lillard but not D'Angelo? They are similar players except D'Angelo is a better facilitator.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  The Teague comp is off.  He's D'Angelo Russell without the court vision, although I don't like that comp either.  D'Angelo was a much better passer.

Garland is Russell without the court vision? Lmaooooo. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, that was where I was going to go next. Was going to say you hope he can be in some vein of Lillard. 

My thing is though...how can you like Lillard but not D'Angelo? They are similar players except D'Angelo is a better facilitator.

A few things. Lillard is better within the arc than Russell and he's better at getting to the rack. He gets to the line more and has a far better mentality.

1 minute ago, Utley said:

A few things. Lillard is better within the arc than Russell and he's better at getting to the rack. He gets to the line more and has a far better mentality.

Yeah but you're comparing a 28 year old Dame to a 22 year old Russell. You compare the two at the same age, there's really no debate who was better at 22.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah but you're comparing a 28 year old Dame to a 22 year old Russell. You compare the two at the same age, there's really no debate who was better at 22.

All fair, but the mentality is what allowed Dame to make that jump. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How many 6'2" 175 SG's with no real playmaking skills or defense are thriving in the league right now? He's an unathletic Lou Williams. 

One, lis there is a decent chance any player after Zion isn't that good. I comped the #4 player on my BB to Evan Turner (downside comp) lol. 

Two, I think he has shown flashes of being a capable playmaker. 

Three, a lot of players get better at passing. Some of the ways you do that are by being super athletic (Westbrook) where you can get defenders out of position easily or being super skilled (Lillard or KD or Kyrie) where they have to double team you or overreact to your every movement. And his dribbling plus shooting plus footwork shows the upside that a lot of the others don't.

Edited by 11sanchez11

1 minute ago, Utley said:

All fair, but the mentality is what allowed Dame to make that jump. 

True. One thing I'm never going to question is Coby White's mentality. Kid wants it.

I'm usually harder on Tar Heels but Coby White is my favorite Tar Heel since Ed Cota. Kid will be good. No doubt in my mind.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

One, lis there is a decent chance any player after Zion isn't that good. I comped the #4 player on my BB to Evan Turner (downside comp) lol. 

Two, I think he has shown flashes of being a capable playmaker. 

Three, a lot of players get better at passing. Some of the ways you do that are by being super athletic (Westbrook) where you can get defenders out of position easily or being super skilled (Lillard or KD or Kyrie) where they have to double team you or overreact to your every movement. And his dribbling plus shooting plus footwork shows the upside that a lot of the others don't.

If he played the entire season he'd be ranked in the 15-20 range.