NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Kawai Leonard is the best player in the world? Dude...he’s not the best player in the finals. Probably not even the 2nd best. 

He's making a damn good argument for being the best player in the world. I don't see the problem in claiming he is the best. I think he's the best.

Anyways, the point is that projecting Little to improve as much as Leonard did is a fool's errand. Little has crazy measurables and isn't as hopeless on offense as Andre Roberson, but Leonard's development was 1 in a million.

• Like 1

OK gents, I have scoured the draft news as much as anyone else can' So many rumors about certain players and their so called stock rising. Anyone care to decipher what players may actually go higher than expected from maybe a few weeks ago?

Does Bol Bol still have a legit chance to go top 10? Or did Bol weighing 208 push him down or way down?

Is there a chance that NYC really considers anyone else over RJ????

other thoughts on players?????

over rated? Under rated???? 

GO!!!!

Edited by resilient part 2

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK gents, I have scoured the draft news as much as anyone else can' So many rumors about certain players and their so called stock rising. Anyone care to decipher what players may actually go higher than expected from maybe a few weeks ago?

Does Bol Bol still have a legit chance to go top 10? Or did Bol weighing 208 push him down or way down?

GO!!!!

If the Knicks were well run they’d consider White over RJ. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

If the Knicks were well run they’d consider White over RJ. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but with all the NY PGs, with or without Kryrie, isn't RG a better fit than White??? Plus I hear Culver may be the other option.

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Kawai Leonard is the best player in the world? Dude...he’s not the best player in the finals. Probably not even the 2nd best. 

He's one of the few elite players in the league and at worst one of the top 3-4 guys in the league, but you can definitely make a case that he's the best player in the league right now. The point remains if you're saying that a guy has Kawhi Leonard upside that means you believe he has the potential to be one of the best players in the history of the sport. 

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

GO!!!!

I think Bol Bol will go at the end of the lottery to Miami or Boston but I could see him sneaking into the top 10 either to Washington or Atlanta in the 8-10 range. It's such a weak class and he's a unicorn, it'll just depend on what a GM is looking for, do you take a high-end role player or a boom/bust guy with elite potential? 

It's the Knicks so I could definitely see them taking Jarrett Culver, Coby White, or even a surprise pick like Sekou Doumbouya at #4. I expect that they'll take Barrett though. 

Overrated - Darius Garland, PJ Washington, Rui Hachimura, Cam Reddish, Nas Little

Underrated - Jaxson Hayes, KZ Okpala, Luka Samanic, Mfiondu Kabengele, Nickeil Alexander-Walker

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Bol Bol will go at the end of the lottery to Miami or Boston but I could see him sneaking into the top 10 either to Washington or Atlanta in the 8-10 range. It's such a weak class and he's a unicorn, it'll just depend on what a GM is looking for, do you take a high-end role player or a boom/bust guy with elite potential? 

It's the Knicks so I could definitely see them taking Jarrett Culver, Coby White, or even a surprise pick like Sekou Doumbouya at #4. I expect that they'll take Barrett though. 

Overrated - Darius Garland, PJ Washington, Rui Hachimura, Cam Reddish, Nas Little

Underrated - Jaxson Hayes, KZ Okpala, Luka Samanic, Mfiondu Kabengele, Nickeil Alexander-Walker

I hope Boston does NOT go for these 2 from your overrated list. Forwards that don't shoot it well or at all.

I agree with your underrated players except Hayes since he may go top 10.  

As for Bol Bol, he is the biggest Boom or Bust player in is years draft. I can't make up my mind on him.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's one of the few elite players in the league and at worst one of the top 3-4 guys in the league, but you can definitely make a case that he's the best player in the league right now. The point remains if you're saying that a guy has Kawhi Leonard upside that means you believe he has the potential to be one of the best players in the history of the sport. 

You think Kawai Leonard is a legendary basketball player? Man...

I’m aware he’s a beast, but that’s insane praise for the man right now. He’s not better than Curry, Bron, or Durant right now. Or Giannis IMO. And Kawhi had the exact same concerns coming out of college. He was an athletic defensive stopper. Yeah he progressed immensely, but to say Little COULDNT POSSIBLY do the same seems harsh. Yeah it’s unlikely but a ceiling doesn’t have to be a likely conclusion. 

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You think Kawai Leonard is a legendary basketball player? Man...

I’m aware he’s a beast, but that’s insane praise for the man right now. He’s not better than Curry, Bron, or Durant right now. Or Giannis IMO. And Kawhi had the exact same concerns coming out of college. He was an athletic defensive stopper. Yeah he progressed immensely, but to say Little COULDNT POSSIBLY do the same seems harsh. Yeah it’s unlikely but a ceiling doesn’t have to be a likely conclusion. 

Kawhi is averaging 31|9|4 on 50% FG, 39% 3FG, and 87% FT. He hit the series clinching shot against Philly and outplayed Giannis big time in the ECF. Quit sleeping on him, he’s an elite player. 

Sophomore Kawhi was an All-American and led SDSU to their best season in school history and the Sweet 16. Nas Little was an okay role player. 

Edited by NYRaider

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi is averaging 31|9|4 on 50% FG, 39% 3FG, and 87% FT. He hit the series clinching shot against Philly and outplayed Giannis big time in the ECF. Quit sleeping on him, he’s an elite player. 

Sophomore Kawhi was an All-American and led SDSU to their best season in school history and the Sweet 16. Nas Little was an okay role player. 

I never said he wasn’t an elite player. Clearly he is. But an all-time legend? Nah. Not in that realm yet. 

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I never said he wasn’t an elite player. Clearly he is. But an all-time legend? Nah. Not in that realm yet. 

He's a legendary defensive player. Not many players in the history of the game that can combine his defense and offense.

Leonard just completely outplayed Giannis. He's surpassed LeBron. Only player you can argue is Durant IMO, but I tend to favor players who do it in tougher environments. What's his weakness? The worst thing you can say about him is his playmaking isn't consistently great, but he definitely flashes some great passing and recognition, especially in games 5 and 6 of the last series.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's a legendary defensive player. Not many players in the history of the game that can combine his defense and offense.

Leonard just completely outplayed Giannis. He's surpassed LeBron. Only player you can argue is Durant IMO, but I tend to favor players who do it in tougher environments. What's his weakness? The worst thing you can say about him is his playmaking isn't consistently great, but he definitely flashes some great passing and recognition, especially in games 5 and 6 of the last series.

Better than LeBron? Doubt that. He might be more desirable given his age, but he’s not better. If I had to win a series, I’m taking Bron on that Raptors squad before Kawai.

And Curry is better. He isn’t a well-rounded player and I want him to break both legs, but he’s going to roast Kawai and the Raptors regardless of Klay and Durant

54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Better than LeBron? Doubt that. He might be more desirable given his age, but he’s not better. If I had to win a series, I’m taking Bron on that Raptors squad before Kawai.

And Curry is better. He isn’t a well-rounded player and I want him to break both legs, but he’s going to roast Kawai and the Raptors regardless of Klay and Durant

Curry putting up better numbers in a H2H doesn't mean he's the better player. If I'm starting a franchise from scratch I'm not taking anyone over Kawhi