GDT Week 9: Baltimore Ravens vs pittsberg steelers

DreamKid

Really surprised to see Marlon back. Was expecting the worst with his injury, whenever the team goes stealth on an injury it usually ends up being horrible. So that's great news. I mean he's the best player on our Defense right?

Offense: Yanda

Defense: Humphrey

Special Teams: Tucker

Didn't Collins deal with a Toe/Foot injury last year? That Irish dancing is jamming the boy up. He needs to chill :D.

A solid prediction would be LJ8 seeing his highest touch total of the season this Sunday. We need the juice, Belee Dat.

37 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Really surprised to see Marlon back. Was expecting the worst with his injury, whenever the team goes stealth on an injury it usually ends up being horrible. So that's great news. I mean he's the best player on our Defense right?

Didn't Collins deal with a Toe/Foot injury last year? That Irish dancing is jamming the boy up. He needs to chill :D.

A solid prediction would be LJ8 seeing his highest touch total of the season this Sunday. We need the juice, Belee Dat.

Best players

Offense: 1) Yanda 2) Yanda with one arm 3) John Brown?

Defense: 1) Humphrey 2) Pierce (for what he does) 3) no idea

40 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

The formula here when determining who our best player is, is that it's whoever is injured that week.

Brandon Williams? Best player on the D.

CJ Mosley? Best player on the D.

Jimmy Smith? Best player on the D.

Marlon Humphrey? Best player on the D.

Michael Pierce, Terrell Suggs, etc. etc. same thing

Since it’s a topic within a topic. Best player on Defense:

1. Terrell Suggs: Great run stopper, good pass rusher, quality coverage backer, and clutch gene.

2. Marlon Humphrey: Elite run support/tackler, good cover corner, good zone cover, good hands, and clutch gene.

3. Brandon Williams/Michael Pierce: They’re basically the same player. Williams absense last season was more noticeable however. Both provide elite run clog ability.

I'm sure Flacco is super scared...Yawn.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983481/article/steelers-hoping-to-make-joe-flacco-regret-his-words

With Marlon presumably back, this game shouldn't look all that different compared to the last one. Frankly I'm more concerned about the Bengals game after our bye. 

No Payton & Brees to out execute us. No Newton & McCaffrey and their off script plays/versatility. I'm sure their WRs will make a couple plays just like last game, but it won't be enough this time either. 

Horrible situation to be in, but I'd be more worried if we were actually playing a good defense. We can 6-7-8-9 these scrubs up and down the field with Snead, Andrews, Hurst, and Crabtree. John Brown wrecked them last game and they'll give him extra attention. They don't have good EDGE pieces and all of their interior players are overrated. Double down on the Lamar Jackson predictions, he's going to get a lot of work in this one.

@Edgar's review of Eluemunor when he came in for Stanley against the Panthers. Some encouraging signs, and it should be said that JE got some extensive work at Left Tackle in practices. I remember being surprised reading that he held his own on multiple reps against some of our highly touted pass rushers. Does any of this mean we should expect a good game from him? No, but it's better then some alternatives. 

Ken McKusick in his weekly review of the Offensive Line also has some positive words for Eluemunor-

https://russellstreetreport.com/2018/10/30/filmstudy/offensive-line-grades-notes-vs-car/

-Eluemunor: Jermaine replaced Stanley and played well in 19 snaps at LT. His only miss came when beaten inside by Addison (Q3, 6:12). He made a nice recovery to push Addison wide of the pocket when he appeared beaten on the very next play (Q3, 5:40).

Scoring: 19 plays, 18 blocks, He’s below the 20 snaps required for a grade, but his performance was a positive development along the OL in a day of bad news.-

Archived