Most frustrating year of the Brady/Belichick Era?

Elky

I'm excluding 2002 because everyone will pick that.

Some noticeable years:

• Our first year without Crennel and Weiss.
  • No Bruschi for half the season due to a stroke.
  • The team had zero consistently. We were 6-5 in November and alternated Ws and Ls until week 11

• The year Peyton got the better of us.
  • Although we went 12-4, we weren't nearly as good as our record indicated.
  • RECHE CALDWELL

• Bad defense and a lot of blown leads.
  • Brady was a little inconsistent throughout the year.

• The year where Brady was forced to throw to losers like Aaron Dropson and Kenbrell Dropkins.

• The year we missed out on HFA despite starting 10-0.

last season was pretty trying with the constant secondary malfunctions early in the season. Defense was pretty ropey throughout, just managed to mask it for the middle chunk. 

2015 I'm blaming injuries. Didn't we lose both tackles (who at the time, were pretty important), Edelman, Gronk a running back or two, Hightower? So many injuries.

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Feels like you missed the most obvious choice - 2008.

Pats would have walked into the SB that year without breaking a sweat. 13-3 at WORST, and the rest of the AFC play-off field was weak as all hell. Still bugs me to this day.

Can't really call that one frustrating because we had to start Matt Cassel for the whole year due to Brady's injury. All hope for a SB went out the window the moment Pollard jacked up Brady's knee.

9 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

That regular season loss to the broncos in 2015 still bothers me because of those two TD leads

Was that the one in the light snow in MH? I think losing Hightower killed us that day. They had something like 30 yards rushing when he was out there, and nearly 200 when he weren't? It was night and day.

13 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

That regular season loss to the broncos in 2015 still bothers me because of those two TD leads

That game had so many ramifications. Had we won, we would have gotten HFA and I don't think Denver with Zombie Peyton would have beaten us in Gillette.

Archived