BDL 2018 Week 9 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

ny92mike

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2018 at 05:00 PM

9 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

There are some interesting matchups here that would swing the game, Berlin having no depth in the secondary will kill their DBs later in the game. Lawrence would have a feast in this one but IC has a decent counter to that with a RB in to pass protect. 

I get that point for a number of position groups, but DB and OL are the two groups that play a vast majority of the snaps.

34 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I get that point for a number of position groups, but DB and OL are the two groups that play a vast majority of the snaps.

Doesn't change the fact DBs are one of the positions that are rotated most often. 

I don't get the thin DB thing. If you've got 4 CBs and 3 S, you've got enough DBs for the game. Starting safeties and corners play 100% of snaps minus goalline. They may rotate in and out of the slot, but it's not standard for a 5th CB to come on the field to give the #1 guy a rest.

I like Berlin here. The injuries are just too much for Ivory Coast. Jake Fisher has played 20 snaps this year for an O-line that's not considered good, and I think those were mostly 6 OL formations. Dion Dawkins is an okay NFL starter but as PR said, he's going up against a very good one here. I think their weapons generate offense against the Berlin secondary, but their O-line will not hold up for a whole game.

Berlin has a pretty good offense IMO. Tyreek and Tredavious is a good battle but Tyreek is one of those that needs more than just a shadow mention in your gameplan. Tyreek will get some. Malcolm Jenkins Butler (according to writeup) is really really bad and I don't like Ivory Coast's defense as much without Mack. You need more than a shutdown corner and one pass rusher if you're going to shut teams down in this league.

I vote Berlin.

I have to lean with IC here. Dawkins is a poor BDL starter, but not dumpster fire bad, even considering he's going up a great pass-rusher. Fisher and Dawkins next to each other though? That could get pretty ugly. If I was IC, I'd have considered moving Fisher to RG and Martin to LG, I know it's moving two players, but at least you limit having two liabilities next to each other. 

Other than that, I kind of like IC's offense to have some success. Some solid weapons and Luck's looking good so they can put some points up, even if not a great deal.

Berlin's offense doesn't inspire me a great deal. The new additions & youngsters are performing above expectations, but they're still hamstrung by the injuries all over and the QB situation. IC might be missing Mack, but it's still a decent enough D without him. For this reason I have to lean with IC, who even if they don't put many up, do enough for the win.

IC 17 - 13 Berlin

Archived