• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

Just now, Raves said:

I guess they cut you out of the information loop then.

Well, I still forgive you for not letting the black & gold shades completely obstruct your view. All the arguments being used against Mahomes just bit Drew in the butt.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Well, I still forgive you for not letting the black & gold shades completely obstruct your view. All the arguments being used against Mahomes just bit Drew in the butt.

I've been consistent the whole way through.  Drew Brees had unequivocal historic efficiency numbers and hadn't cost his team a game, while Mahomes was putting up record setting bulk stats but cost his team a game.  Brees can now be argued as costing his team a game and his efficiency will still be record setting, but not an extreme, so I'll give it to the guy putting up the bulk stats which I petitioned for with Brees in the past when it's been close and one not having an unquestionable season in efficiency.

1 minute ago, saintsfan said:

That Brees interception was worse than any 5 of Mahomes' TOs in the Rams loss. Mahomes back to 1A in the MVP race

I dunno the 5th Interceptions feels the same to me, but what Mahomes did the rest of the game and the rest of the season puts him back to 1A for me.

4 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Goff has been great but that race is a 2-man race for now.

It’s a two man race because the media wants it to be. The Rams get another primetime game Week 14 at Chicago on SNF. If the Rams win and Goff plays well that’s another game where the media can’t deny him. Again Goff leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks. He has 6 tds to no interceptions in the 4th quarter. Only one other team can say that now that Brees just threw a 4th quarter interception tonight. So we shall see moving forward. Still has 5 more games and again Goff has a national game against at the Bears and a head to head battle against Wentz which is still a big deal even though the Eagles team wise isn’t as good as last season.

Just now, Raves said:

I've been consistent the whole way through.  Drew Brees had unequivocal historic efficiency numbers and hadn't cost his team a game, while Mahomes was putting up record setting bulk stats but cost his team a game.  Brees can now be argued as costing his team a game and his efficiency will still be record setting, but not an extreme, so I'll give it to the guy putting up the bulk stats which I petitioned for with Brees in the past when it's been close and one not having an unquestionable season in efficiency.

Yes, and I’m giving you props for it. 

We can disagree till the cows come home about their statuses before the game, but it doesn’t matter after tonight. 

Just now, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

WHY though, people have been saying that but let's actually hear an argument for why this is the case

Mahomes has more passing yards, a lot more passing TDs, double more rushing yards, more rushing TDs, less sacks despite playing behind a worse OL with 2 injured starters.

But really, as good as Goff has been this year, if you have watched both play I think one can tell that Mahomes is superior. He can just do more.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Best part is that the Saints are a lock to lose 3 more games. Feels good. 

I won’t say 3 more times. I think (13-3) which means they lose one more time. Either to Carolina or Pittsburgh. The Rams at worst going (14-2) and I actually think the Rams win out and go (15-1).

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yes, and I’m giving you props for it. 

We can disagree till the cows come home about their statuses before the game, but it doesn’t matter after tonight. 

Agreed.  Looking forward to the rest of the season and even future seasons with the debates between Goff/Mahomes/Luck/Watson for MVP, maybe Haskins if the Saints can somehow trade up for him.

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s a two man race because the media wants it to be. The Rams get another primetime game Week 14 at Chicago on SNF. If the Rams win and Goff plays well that’s another game where the media can’t deny him. Again Goff leads the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks. He has 6 tds to no interceptions in the 4th quarter. Only one other team can say that now that Brees just threw a 4th quarter interception tonight. So we shall see moving forward. Still has 5 more games and again Goff has a national game against at the Bears and a head to head battle against Wentz which is still a big deal even though the Eagles team wise isn’t as good as last season.

I don't think the Bears are a great team. I clearly expect the Rams to win, maybe easily. Let's see.

Archived