Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

That's true, but Rubio could have done that as well.

True to some extent, but Rubio would definitely be a downgrade in terms of spacing and leadership. Even then, I would hope Conley could net more than an expiring contract and a late first rounder. Assuming Detroit doesn't make the playoffs and ends up with a decent lottery selection, I think they would be a team with keen interest in acquiring Conley in the offseason.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

The 76ers need defenders, but having someone who doesn't have to be defended more than negates that. Ross would have been more helpful.

I would bet they use Ben in the post in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If they get Ellington then yes, I agree, but that's very risky considering he'll have a lot of suitors.

I bet they get him. They were in on Matthews, too. I'd be surprised if they don't add a shooter, and there's even a chance that it's Ross in a buyout.

Well, looks like Detroit is getting Ellington.

4 minutes ago, Utley said:

There won't be a single minute that those five are all on the floor, unless it's garbage time.

Probably true, but again, even when staggering minutes you're still going to have lineups featuring some combination of Simmons/McConnell/Boban, an extra scorer/shooter would go a long way.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Coach Thanos has a hard on to make the playoffs even if it is the 8th seed.

Still have three weeks left to buy him out and they're 5 back in the loss column. The writing will be on the wall soon enough.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Probably true, but again, even when staggering minutes you're still going to have lineups featuring some combination of Simmons/McConnell/Boban, an extra scorer/shooter would go a long way.

That's not true. I'd bet Simmons is on the floor with at least two shooters and Embiid or just three shooters throughout the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Utley said:

That's not true. I'd bet Simmons is on the floor with at least two shooters and Embiid or just three shooters throughout the playoffs.

At the very least it'll be interesting to see how the rotations work out come playoff. Brown definitely has his work cut out for him.

Archived