oland11

GDT: Jerry's World (3-5) v. Wentzlyvania and the funky bunch (4-4)

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you think Chip wanted Smith? Stop hating, you know who draft that POS!

yeah i think the coach was ok with drafting smith and also deflected all blame 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

yeah i think the coach was ok with drafting smith and also deflected all blame 

The Hatred runs Strong with you Old Padawan! 👍

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

The Hatred runs Strong with you Old Padawan! 👍

the hatred of what? You are trying to argue over the worst move howie made. I'm saying it's trading a 3rd for no reason. You think it was drafting a guy that had just led the ncaa in sacks after trading back. 

Trading a 3rd for Tate is at most, TBD. Supposedly the guy ends up with 900 yards and 7 TDs for us, was it a bad trade? 

Howie sitting on his hands then drafting Pump has cost us clearly. We have no RB now and for the future and then had to spend a pick to get Ajayi in here, who (say what you want about Tate but jury’s still out) was never intended for an extension.  

On 11/12/2018 at 12:25 AM, ninjapirate said:

he still wasnt good tonight 

Not good, just "good enough."
Had he been pressured into the mistakes he is capable of making .....

The whole point was that if you can't force him into errant throws, he will do enough to beat you.
He did.
It was a Schwartz thing.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:56 AM, Jroc04 said:

Trading a 3rd for Tate is at most, TBD. Supposedly the guy ends up with 900 yards and 7 TDs for us, was it a bad trade? 

Howie sitting on his hands then drafting Pump has cost us clearly. We have no RB now and for the future and then had to spend a pick to get Ajayi in here, who (say what you want about Tate but jury’s still out) was never intended for an extension.  

?????

You can't say that missing on a 4th round pick is the demise of the franchise.
That's just insane.

The Eagles secured Ajayi for this season.
Does every team have the RB depth to replace a #1 RB sufficiently?
Gurley, Elliot, Hunt, Barkley, McCaffrey, Jones, Miller, Johnson?

The Eagles were notably thin there, like most.
At this point I'd say sign CJ Anderson, but I don't have faith the line is good enough to make him good, aka, any better than what they have ..... and he is.

7 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

?????

You can't say that missing on a 4th round pick is the demise of the franchise.
That's just insane.

The Eagles secured Ajayi for this season.
Does every team have the RB depth to replace a #1 RB sufficiently?
Gurley, Elliot, Hunt, Barkley, McCaffrey, Jones, Miller, Johnson?

The Eagles were notably thin there, like most.
At this point I'd say sign CJ Anderson, but I don't have faith the line is good enough to make him good, aka, any better than what they have ..... and he is.

I didn’t infer there was any “demise of a franchise”. I gave an example of one of Howie’s, possibly his worst, moves as GM. 

Not getting one of those very good rookie RBs set us back a few picks. It’s undeniable. The picks (4th and 7th) we used for Pump, the pick (4th) we used for Ajayi, and the pick we’ll use next year to get a competent back in here. 

From a BleedingGreen article:

”And, don’t forget, the 2017 NFL draft class was loaded with running back talent. It’s the class that featured guys like Leonard FournetteDalvin CookAlvin KamaraJames Conner, and Tarik Cohen. Notable running backs drafted after Pumphrey included Marlon Mack, Wayne Gallman Aaron Jones, and Chris Carson.

Even Kareem Hunt was a viable option, as explained (ranted) about at the time:

“Those who say the Eagles didn’t have a shot at drafting Hunt are wrong. The Chiefs traded up to No. 86 to take him by trading No. 104, No. 132, and No. 245. The Eagles easily could have given up No. 99, No. 139, and No. 230 to move up. Note that Rasul Douglas was selected at No. 99 while the Eagles packaged No. 139 and No. 230 to move up for Pumphrey.”

(Douglas has shown some potential but the coaching staff has been reluctant to give him playing time even with Jalen Mills struggling.)

The Eagles didn’t complete whiff on the position as they did snag Corey Clement as an undrafted free agent, but imagine what the backfield would look like today if Howie Roseman and crew went a different direction and actually selected a running back who at least projected to be a viable NFL player.”

It was almost an entire impossibility that you could whiff on a RB prospect that year.....unless you chose Pump. What a disaster. One I won’t forget soon. 

14 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Not good, just "good enough."
Had he been pressured into the mistakes he is capable of making .....

The whole point was that if you can't force him into errant throws, he will do enough to beat you.
He did.
It was a Schwartz thing.

meh any nfl caliber qb drops 50 on the eagles last sunday.