GDT: Jerry's World (3-5) v. Wentzlyvania and the funky bunch (4-4)

oland11

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You guys gotta relax on Tate. There’s a reason why NFL trades dont happen much mid season. Give him a few weeks to get acclimated. 

Ah, so just wait til we're statistically eliminated from the playoffs, then he'll pick it up before leaving in FA.

I didn't expect much from Tate TBH, especially given the playbook.

What I did expect was for both Schwartz and DTM not to have their head up their A$$ yet again with the play calling. How many games must you lose before you realize, Prevent Defense never works? 

As HC, Pederson should be all over Schwartz. I get the ****ty personnel on the back end but why go away from what's working the first 2-3 QT's when you're stopping teams?

Why as a OC are you so obsessed with passing 70-80% of the game? I don't believe in the No DeFlip/Riech BS as the reason we are struggling. I do believe Though they "Kept" Doug in check on a weekly basis as to what works and what doesn't going "into" a game. I Don't think he has that respect or their not being as vocal with their replacements in that area.

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Zach ertz lateraling back to tate and then tate doing nothing might be the most poetic visual realization of that trade.

Here I thought it was the decisions NOT to chuck it in the End Zone once or twice to your 4 6'-5"+ WR/TE's in hopes of a TD or PI?

That's even more poetic.

22 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Zach ertz lateraling back to tate and then tate doing nothing might be the most poetic visual realization of that trade.

I wonder what the hell happened that play, seemed like a huge miscommunication between everyone

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Ah, so just wait til we're statistically eliminated from the playoffs, then he'll pick it up before leaving in FA.

Whether it was a bad trade or not, that doesn’t change the swiftness of his assimilation. And we honestly don’t know Howie’s plan with him. Even if he doesn’t resign him, the comp pick should be a 4th at worst. So a 1 round trade down for 8 games of a potential difference maker is ok with me. 

We lose to NO, LA. Win out, that’s 9-7. That could get us the division. It’s bleak but it’s not hopeless. Plenty of time for Tate to make an impact. That is, if you’re not a complete pessimist. 

Our record by seasons end doesn't effect the Tate trade one bit. Yes it would be nice to make the playoffs , have a deep run but that alone wasn't going to get him resigned. He's fully aware of what's here, what transpired last year and who is potentially his QB for the duration of said contract.

Eagles Coaches, Players and Howie have a 2 month worth of a courting period and an off season worth of communication that the other 31 clubs won't have.

He resigns, great. He doesn't, we wait a year for a comp pick. There is no downside to this trade. None!

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Our record by seasons end doesn't effect the Tate trade one bit. Yes it would be nice to make the playoffs , have a deep run but that alone wasn't going to get him resigned. He's fully aware of what's here, what transpired last year and who is potentially his QB for the duration of said contract.

Eagles Coaches, Players and Howie have a 2 month worth of a courting period and an off season worth of communication that the other 31 clubs won't have.

He resigns, great. He doesn't, we wait a year for a comp pick. There is no downside to this trade. None!

we dont have money to re-sign him. This was always a rental and a team that isnt going to make the postseason trading a third for a rental is inexcusable. Maybe the worst thing Howie has ever done in his career. 

1 - Hand the ball off more to Adams. 

2 - Sign the best DB FA available for the rest of the year... or hold public try outs. 

3 - Give Doug a yo-yo and have someone else call the plays. 

4 - Never play prevent defense again. 

5 - Drink more?

Bring on the Ain'ts!!!! 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar. 

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

we dont have money to re-sign him. This was always a rental and a team that isnt going to make the postseason trading a third for a rental is inexcusable. Maybe the worst thing Howie has ever done in his career. 

We'll have plenty of money once players are cut. Whether they want Agholor or Tate.

Howie's worse decision was forcing Chip to draft Marcus Smith in the 1st Rd when nobody wanted him, but Howie forced the supposed "need pick"  over  drafting BPA.

That's what started the fued/hatred between the two. Chip from what I remember wanted to trade up for OBJ.

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We'll have plenty of money once players are cut. Whether they want Agholor or Tate.

Howie's worse decision was forcing Chip to draft Marcus Smith in the 1st Rd when nobody wanted him, but Howie forced the supposed "need pick"  over  drafting BPA.

That's what started the fued/hatred between the two. Chip from what I remember wanted to trade up for OBJ.

chip also blamed duce staley for what running back he was using 

Archived