Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

9 out of 10 questions for our young star corner were about the anthem. Worthless human beings proving it over and over. reporters don't care about our players at all only click worthy lines for their awful blurbs.

oh no the media asked a black player questions about the most talked about NFL rule change in the past day HOW DARE THEY

15 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

oh no the media asked a black player questions about the most talked about NFL rule change in the past day HOW DARE THEY

Weird post. I don't know why you're bringing up Marlon's ethnicity, they asked every player up there the same questions. To clarify, you're in favor of them asking our players how they feel about the anthem nonsense in some way 8 times in a row? Instead of asking questions about the actual game of football?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Weird post. I don't know why you're bringing up Marlon's ethnicity, they asked every player up there the same questions. To clarify, you're in favor of them asking our players how they feel about the anthem nonsense in some way 8 times in a row? Instead of asking questions about the actual game of football?

Before I answer, do you know what the media's job is? Do you know why the media exists in the first place as it relates to sports?

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Bro this is garbage and unnecessary. Get this out of the forum. I know you like to incite, but take it somewhere else.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah, this is a case where the media sees a young player like a fish in water and think they’re going to capture a national headline off of a young 1st round pick. They know he’s answered the question but are looking to make a story out of him by attempting to lead him into a direction they want by manipulating his words.

We’ve seen it too many times to count. Serves no purpose. And they wonder why many of these players offer less and less candid responses to ANY question and why less and less intelligent minds read their trashy articles or watch their trashy shows. And if they do, they surely won’t pay for a subscription for that garbage and will only subscribe to higher quality publications. 

I saw the Harbaugh video where they tried doing the same thing. Same with Flacco with Lamar. Harbaugh’s a pro though. Not only was he not phased, but he shuts them down so thoroughly. They asked him about Flacco-Lamar and he smiles and says, “did you get a chance to ask them that question?” (Respond with the question with a question is a brilliant strategy) and then when the reporter is forced to admit that it was a non story only then does Harbaugh answer the question with “yeah I think they looked great”? 

They didn’t ask the question again. Same with the kneeling question being asked multiple which ways. Was beautiful to watch his interview stiff arms.

• Like 5

How about we just don't talk about the whole anthem stuff at all, okay?

The topic has been done to death on FF and elsewhere, and its pretty clear from what I've seen that nobody is going to change their mind and its just going to end in trouble

• Like 4

18 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Trust me, you just did. 

Now allow me to answer. The media's job is to bridge the players and fans. Fans are talking about the anthem policy, so yes they're going to ask players about it. That's the media literally doing their job. I'm sorry you didn't like them asking players about a controversial new NFL policy.

Bro this is garbage and unnecessary. Get this out of the forum. I know you like to incite, but take it somewhere else.

Incite? You're looking way too far into why I said he was black.

17 hours ago, drd23 said:

How about we just don't talk about the whole anthem stuff at all, okay?

The topic has been done to death on FF and elsewhere, and its pretty clear from what I've seen that nobody is going to change their mind and its just going to end in trouble

Sure.

-"2) Jackson was a mixed bag Thursday. When he takes off and runs, he’s mesmerizing to watch and it spurs numerous oohs and aahs from teammates. His best moment with his arm was a back-shoulder touchdown to rookie fourth-round receiver Jaleel Scott. His worst came when he tried to dump a ball off in the flat and he didn’t see safety Kai Nacua standing right in front of the intended target. Nacua picked the ball off and returned it for a touchdown."

-"3) Scott, by the way, had a really nice practice. He made a handful of catches and looked much more comfortable than he did during the rookie minicamp. He moves very well for a 6-foot-5 and 215-pound receiver."

-"4) Obviously, veteran Michael Crabtree isn’t going to blow anybody away with his speed. But you only need to watch him for a few minutes in practice to see why Flacco is so excited by his addition. Crabtree is smooth and everything he does is done with such purpose and attention to detail. He’s obviously a different player than Anquan Boldin and Steve Smith Sr., but how Crabtree goes about things reminds you of those two."

-"5) The Ravens’ depth issues at inside linebacker were glaring Thursday as C.J. Mosleysat out practice with a tweaked ankle and Albert McClellan and Bam Bradleycontinue to be sidelined as they work their way back from torn ACLs last year. All three could be ready by training camp, but the Ravens still should sign a veteran at the position before then. Mosley has played through physical issues for a good part of his young career. If he was to go down with a significant injury, the Ravens would be really challenged."

-"6) And yes, even with the depth issues at inside linebacker, I still think the Ravens are making the right call by trying to get Kamalei Correa back outside. The Ravens do have a ton of outside linebacker depth, so whether Correa will play well enough to earn meaningful snaps is in question. But this could be a make-or-break year for the 2016 second-round draft pick and he should play where he has the best chance to succeed."

-"9) Running back Kenneth Dixon has plenty of time to knock off some more rust and work his way back into game shape before the preseason. However, he looked pretty good Thursday. If he stays healthy and does the right things on and off the field, he’ll be a factor this year."

-"10) While Eric Weddle and Tony Jefferson are rightly entrenched as the starters, the bet here is that the Ravens will look for ways to get young safeties Chuck Clark and DeShon Elliott on the field in the right situations. Elliott, a sixth-round pick, doesn’t carry himself like a rookie on the field and certainly looks the part."

-"11) The good news is that wide receiver Breshad Perriman looked healthy, in good shape and engaged. He made a couple of catches Thursday, including one in which he made an adjustment to make a play on a ball that was a little behind him as he crossed the middle. The bad news was that Perriman seemed to lose track of where he was on the field in trying to make two catches on deep passes during the practice. It wasn’t all on him. Both throws sailed out of bounds, but Perriman got little separation and didn’t give the quarterback much of a window to throw to on either play."

-"12) Second-year cornerback Marlon Humphrey handled Perriman on one of the deep routes. Players and coaches are raving about the 2017 first-round pick and the confidence and speed he’s playing with thus far. Humphrey has to be able to stay healthy, but the Ravens are very excited about his upside."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-ota-observations-20180525-story.html

"The Ravens are hoping Marlon Humphrey’s rise to the top is as fast as his development last season.

The second-year player from Alabama says the game has slowed down for him from last season. Teammate and defensive tackle Brandon Willliams sees Humphrey eventually becoming one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL.

“After watching him through the off season workouts and getting through the first couple of days of OTAs, that dude is going to be a player,” Williams said. “I always see his name at the top of the defense as far as points in practice.”

"Humphrey had some of those plays last year. He finished with 34 tackles, knocked down 11 passes and had two interceptions. But that was as the No. 3 cornerback behind Smith and Brandon Carr, even though former Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees thought about matching him up against Pittsburgh receiver Antonio Brown in the second game last season. Brown caught 11 passes for 213 yards against the Ravens.

Current Ravens defensive coordinator Don Martindale lobbied Pees to match Humphrey up with Brown in that game, but Pees declined. It won’t be such a difficult decision in 2018."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/mikeprestonreportcards/bs-sp-humphrey-20180524-story.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

How long until they realise that that should probably try Jefferson or Elliot at WILB more given the nature of today's NFL and our lack of depth at the position?

Well Eric said had they stayed at 16 we would've picked Derwin James, so the thought of playing either him or Jefferson at WILB must've occurred. I'd like to think given Elliot's skill set the thought is still there but who knows.

Maybe an extra preseason game will help allow some forward thinking on their part.