Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

It's important to remember with our raging QB controversy actually drawing the team attention again, on this forum and in various forms of media, absolutely nothing has happened. There is no controversy, there's only something articles are calling a "controversy". They would have just us much basing for the articles if they said we we're experimenting on our players, maybe even more so. What's worse is how these articles will actually taint the most vocal part of the NFL fan verse, the morons, so just get ready for it.

It's already sad that the simple drafting of Lamar has fueled irrational and oddly extensive hate ramblings against Flacco from our own fans, but what else it's brought from the outside might just be worse.

• Like 2

The Black Order

Thanos- Big Ben

Ebony Maw- Antonio Brown

Proxima Midnight- Juju Smith-Schuster

Corvus Glaive- LeVeon Bell

Black Dwarf- David DeCastro

Shield

Nick Fury- Ozzie Newsome

Phil Coulson- Eric DeCosta

The Avengers

Vision- Joe Flacco: Inconsistent power levels. 5 years ago he could pick up Thor’s hammer. Now... not so much. 

Scarlett Witch- Ravens fans: We tried... But love does not always conquer all.

The Hulk- Orlando Brown: Goes from intelligent, calm, and corny to beast mode in a matter of seconds. He will punish you.

Black Widow- Eric Weddle: Both have long hair. Weddle’s just seems to flow from off his face in the form of a manly beard. While both may present the appearance of being soft and in comparison to some, they are, but make no mistake they are both assassins with a long track record of making people (quarterbacks) pay.

Spiderman- Marlon Humphrey: Young, inexperienced, doesn’t know what he doesn’t know. But he has absurd potential.

Iron Man- Terrell Suggs: He started out young and funny but now he’s grown to be a leader that is sarcastic, serious, yet still funny when he needs to be... which is often. His era is approaching endgame.

War Machine- CJ Mosley: Sidekick that’s usually pretty serious and will occasionally get hurt. Known for patience and diplomacy.

Captain America- Jimmy Smith: He was a near impossible find so late in the process. He was misutilized which led to him starting his career off as corny. Then we started to use him correctly and he dominated. Then he found his own groove and took his abilities to the next level. That said, he’s also been known to take performance enhancing drugs.

Bucky Barnes- Michael Crabtree: He was once a great ally until the wrong team got ahold of him and programmed him to try and take us out as a threat. We prevailed in the end due to Cap. Barnes has now been healed and is back to being on the side of the good guys.

Falcon- Brandon Carr: He is a very durable member of the team. He’s always there when we seem to need him. But he also has shown a propensity to get abused on occasion by the smallest of threats (remember Ant-Man?)

Thor- Hayden Hurst: Long flowing hair. Has the beard. Has the corny humor.

Loki- Mark Andrews: Adopted into the family, he believes he should rule the TE kingdom, but his brother is first born.

Heimdall- Brandon Williams: The gatekeeper allows entry to all those who would pass between two worlds. What’s more this man has to be willing to stand his ground for unapproved trips. He must be wise, experienced, and disciplined. This is what Brandon Williams does within our line. When he’s on the field, he’s an unstoppable force. He’s proven loyalty as well, he’s a true “as..guardian”

Doctor Strange- Marshall Yanda: He is the blocker supreme. He is our greatest defense vs extraworldly threats. 

Wong- James Hurst: He has an above average skill set. He also seeks to defend from extraworldly threats as well, but he has ended up dead before. He’s not always reliable, but he gets he job done at LG.

Okoye- Ronnie Stanley: The general of the dorrah milage, she is there to protect the king from harm.

Black Panther- Lamar Jackson: A young man who is searching within himself and looking to learn from the old king. He finds out that the old king had serious flaws, but he never stops respecting him. That said, he seeks his own way and looks to become a trailblazer. But he better be careful, this plan of his could be boom or bust. Either way his people will feel the consequences, for good or for bad.

Shuri- Alex Collins: Creative, free spirit, and really good athleticism. Explosive cannons make for a big play threat, but a good blow to the hands and can be completely neutralized (fumbles). Collins is a fan favorite for his eccentric ways, whether that can develop into something more prominent, we’ll have to see.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Starlord- Justin Tucker: Confident, smart, eccentric, shoots lasers. And isn’t afraid to be unpopular, he plays by his own rules.

Gamora- The football: Starlord gets a kick out of pissing her off. But he would also loves to nail her from 40 yards out. She completes him. She is fierce and can dominate the field in a variety of ways. But she loves Starlord above all.

Groot- Sam Koch: Long time trusted ally to Starlord. Has the ability to be the old veteran on the squad while flipping a switch and seeming younger than his years. You do not want to play him in a cornhole game.

Rocket Racoon- Jordan Lasley: He’s cocky, arrogant and has an addiction to tech. His social media account will be the sight of much activity. He’s not one to necessarily completely fall in line, but he loves the team. He has big play potential.

Drax- Morgan Cox: He apparently thinks he’s invisible, he keeps mumbling something about “no one can even touch me out there” all the while laughing sheepishly.

Nebula- Kenny Young: Probably the most overlooked person on the squad that just might have the greatest outcome on the battle. Both have been written off as useless, yet if history is an indicator, watch out for what might happen next.

Mantis- Tony Jefferson: Has the ability to provide the knockout blow, but more readily just seems to end up doing nothing of much during a battle.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It's important to remember with our raging QB controversy actually drawing the team attention again, on this forum and in various forms of media, absolutely nothing has happened. There is no controversy, there's only something articles are calling a "controversy". They would have just us much basing for the articles if they said we we're experimenting on our players, maybe even more so. What's worse is how these articles will actually taint the most vocal part of the NFL fan verse, the morons, so just get ready for it.

It's already sad that the simple drafting of Lamar has fueled irrational and oddly extensive hate ramblings against Flacco from our own fans, but what else it's brought from the outside might just be worse.

100%

Also, with the commentary around Flacco not talking to Jackson (apparently), it's controversy around something not happening.  Media is turning it into a story that he didn't do some super specific hypothetical thing that would have showed he was both a team player but also a competitor who is going to work to get better/retain his spot.  Also, with respect to him not commenting on it, I'm sure the guy remembers the "elite" situation, which arose out of him giving a reasonably expected answer to an innocuous fan question at a wings restaurant.  Can you imagine what will happen if he makes comments that don't perfectly walk the line?  Look how Roethlisberger is being raked over the coals in the media for his comments (which are a bit goofy TBH).

Edited by sp6488

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

i'm afraid where this will end if you are that bored already, 2 weeks into the offseason.

or maybe you all are just super nerds. or i am too old for this.

appreciate the effort though B|

I am joining the "too old for this" train

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I like the way I phrased this on Reddit when someone was like "omg why are people talking about the QB controversy?!":

Our beat writers have been saying "This is not an issue" since we drafted LJ8, but of course the national media wants a storyline, and there's definitely something to talk about there, so now that we're talking about it, we just have to reiterate that it's not an issue. That's it.

Most everyone understands LJ8 isn't going to play this year. The only conversation to have right now is "What will the Ravens do if Flacco continues to suck this year and the Ravens find themselves out of the playoff race late in the year?" because at that point I would think it would be solidified that Flacco ain't coming back, and then you have to consider do you give LJ8 more time, or do you throw him in there and get him some playing time before next year?

There IS another conversation. Can we sprinkle in 5-10 snaps a game with Lamar at QB with Flacco also competently holding down the starting job?

The way I see it, that may very well be the best approach and potential outcome for the offense THIS year. 

For the sake of Lamar's development I'd hope we didn't do that.

He's a fundamental mechanical flaw in his throwing action that needs to be fixed - getting him to play every week wouldn't help him in that

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

There IS another conversation. Can we sprinkle in 5-10 snaps a game with Lamar at QB with Flacco also competently holding down the starting job?

The way I see it, that may very well be the best approach and potential outcome for the offense THIS year. 

id be surprised if hes even activated for the first few games

42 minutes ago, paraven said:

id be surprised if hes even activated for the first few games

Perhaps, but I think we should expect an LJ8 package as the season progresses. I mean, hasn't Harbs already admitted this is happening?  

“We do it on the practice field. We ran a lot of stuff out here today you guys probably saw. We’re going to always try to get our players making plays for us, and Lamar is a guy that can help us win games.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Devising-Ways-to-Use-Lamar-Jackson-in-Laboratory-and-Hes-Cool-With-It/331d85e6-46d2-4563-b3b0-e8a009529bd2

^Makes perfect sense to me. They did the same thing when Mornhinweg was in Philly, in 2009 and 2010 (before he took the starting job) Vick was getting a handful of snaps. And he was just out of prison/suspension for 2 years.

56 minutes ago, drd23 said:

For the sake of Lamar's development I'd hope we didn't do that.

He's a fundamental mechanical flaw in his throwing action that needs to be fixed - getting him to play every week wouldn't help him in that

I don't see why he needs to be benched to work on that. 

Edited by wackywabbit

How is C.J. Mosley number 98 on the top 100... He is at least a top 50 player in the league... I know I’m late but we get murdered every year on the list except when we won the super bowl I bet jimmy doesn’t even make it yet other injured guys who play less than half the games he did already has

18 minutes ago, EastsideEZ said:

How is C.J. Mosley number 98 on the top 100... He is at least a top 50 player in the league... I know I’m late but we get murdered every year on the list except when we won the super bowl I bet jimmy doesn’t even make it yet other injured guys who play less than half the games he did already has

I mean, after last season it makes sense. Happy he’s even on the list tbh.