Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

Just now, JBURGE said:

Growing pains can be felt in a limited snap count and in practice. This isn't Madden. He made that wrong route mistake on a 3rd down. That block in the back was stupid and unnecessary. There were a couple other plays where Rodgers looked frustrated at him after a missed throw. Last week he had that ridiculous blind side block and another wrong route decision on 1 on 1 with no safety help on a 3rd down. 

Hell. If we pulled our skill position talent off the field every time AR gave them a look - he's be out there all alone.

Frankly - what some WR should do to him - is next time he wings an errant pass in the direction of a wide open WR - then makes some gesture how the WR failed to so this, that or some other unexplained thing - the WR should hold his hands up - CLAP THEM TOGETHER - as in "here - put it in my hands" - and point back at AR.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:
14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Growing pains can be felt in a limited snap count and in practice. This isn't Madden. He made that wrong route mistake on a 3rd down. That block in the back was stupid and unnecessary. There were a couple other plays where Rodgers looked frustrated at him after a missed throw. Last week he had that ridiculous blind side block and another wrong route decision on 1 on 1 with no safety help on a 3rd down. 

Hell. If we pulled our skill position talent off the field every time AR gave them a look - he's be out there all alone.

Frankly - what some WR should do to him - is next time he wings an errant pass in the direction of a wide open WR - then makes some gesture how the WR failed to so this, that or some other unexplained thing - the WR should hold his hands up - CLAP THEM TOGETHER - as in "here - put it in my hands" - and point back at AR

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be on the field because Rodgers is mad at him. I am saying he shouldn't be on the field AS MUCH because he is making costly mistakes on a weekly basis. 

Rodgers is still throwing to him because he has to. That's not my issue. 

17 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be on the field because Rodgers is mad at him. I am saying he shouldn't be on the field AS MUCH because he is making costly mistakes on a weekly basis. 

Rodgers is still throwing to him because he has to. That's not my issue. 

No sweat. I'm not busting on you. My "anger" what there is of it regards this - is directed at AR. I just dont think he's performing up to snuff - which is a hard sell cause his stats dont ditch him. Its just the nuanced stuff that I think he's missing on - cant say why he's missing on them - but they're affecting outcomes.

Perfection doesnt happen on a football field. I dont expect it or rag on a player when it isnt achieved. It's my personal belief that AR should be able to connect with a 6'5 guy better than he has been. He's not the fast footed / cutter that MVS is - nor the smooth route runner of limited speed that Davante is - he's a BIG long strider - so hit the guy in stride sometime and lets see what he can do with the thing.

Instead - what we're seeing is a pass thats a bit "over here - or over there - too low or over his head". You STOP a 6'5" body - causing it to bend and twist to make the reception - its gonna take a bit to get that thing moving again - so hows about just chucking it AT HIM and letting him do the rest?

The guys a BIG guy a BIG target and supposedly we have a really accurate passer. So lets make some accurate passes to EQ.

5 hours ago, JBURGE said:

That was completely legal.  It was effing awesome.  The only reason it was flagged was because it was so awesome.  Clean AND legal, I would show our OL that clip over and over.

Danny Parkins from 670 The Score blows up McCarthy's theory that he was playing the number when he failed to go for it on 4th and 2.  Parkins has long felt that McCarthy is a terrible head coach and has held the Packers back for years.  

https://670thescore.radio.com/watch-danny-parkins-great-joy-packers-mike-mccarthy-failings

Archived